(Minghui.org) It was recently confirmed by Minghui.org that a Guiyang City, Guizhou Province, man has been sentenced to five years for practicing Falun Gong. This is the third time that Mr. Li Lin has been wrongfully convicted for his faith.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Li was arrested on July 18, 2021, after being reported for distributing Falun Gong materials. After 15 days at Sanjiang Lockup, he was transferred to the Sanjiang Detention Center. He stood trial around December 10, 2021, but the exact time of his sentencing isn’t clear. He has appealed the verdict.

Two Previous Prison Terms Totaling 13 Years

Mr. Li used to work as a train conductor. As he remains firm in Falun Gong in the face of the persecution, he has been repeatedly targeted and previously sentenced twice to a total of 13 years.

Nine-year Term from 2001 to 2010

Mr. Li was arrested on the evening of August 6, 2001, while distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. He was detained in the Qianxi County Detention Center. Because he wrote two poems on the prison’s blackboard urging the guards not to persecute Falun Gong, the guards beat him on the head on January 4, 2002, and forced him to wear 30-lb shackles. Mr. Li fell on the concrete floor while walking in the shackles on January 8, 2002, and fainted.

Mr. Li was later sentenced to nine years in the Duyun Prison. The guards used all kinds of brutal torture against the practitioners. Because Mr. Li refused to renounce Falun Gong, he was subjected to intensive brainwashing. He was once deprived of sleep for five days. Nine inmates took turns monitoring him and preventing him from closing his eyes. He was also frequently held in a dark solitary confinement cell, known as the prison inside a prison. Sometimes he was tied up on a death bed for extended periods of time.

Torture reenactment: Tied up on a deathbed

Four-year Term from 2013 to 2017

Mr. Li was arrested again on February 12, 2013, while distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. He was given a four-year term in the Duyun Prison.

To intensify the persecution of the practitioners, prison guard Zhong Shui arranged for his neighbor Miao Yu, a police officer, to work in the prison. The main torture methods Miao used on the practitioners included giving them tiny portions of food, denying them restroom use, beating them after 2 a.m., and lifting them and throwing them on the bed. One 75-year-old practitioner was tortured to death.

Mr. Li was released on February 12, 2017.