(Minghui.org) Ms. Han Yuzhen suffered a severe medical condition due to the abuse in custody after she was arrested for talking to people about Falun Gong. After taking her to the hospital, the police chief threatened her, “I will torture you to death and bury you here.”

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Han has been living in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province in the past few years to help care for her grandson. In her spare time, she went out to talk to people and raise awareness about the persecution of Falun Gong. While talking to a young woman on January 29, 2023, the woman secretly recorded her and reported her to the police. The police arrested Ms. Han moments later outside a supermarket and took her to the Nanyanghu Street Police Station.

Police chief Ma sprayed spicy water on Ms. Han’s eyes, face, and head. She felt her scalp and face were burning and she couldn’t open her eyes. Ma also handcuffed her.

The police found the phone numbers of Ms. Han’s sister and nephew on her phone and informed them of her arrest. Upon hearing about her arrest, her son went to the police station in the afternoon to seek her release. The police accused her of not cooperating with them. They said only when she admitted fault and renounced Falun Gong, would they release her. She refused to comply. 

Meanwhile, the police ransacked Ms. Han’s home and took away one Falun Gong book.

Chief Ma sprayed Ms. Han with the spicy water again in the afternoon and took her to the hospital for a physical examination. In the police car, Ma stepped on her head, neck and back. Due to her high blood pressure and rapid heart beat, she was denied admission by the local lockup.

Before the police forced the lockup to take Ms. Han on January 31, she was sprayed with the spicy water four times. Her blood pressure also reached a dangerously high level.

The lockup forcibly took Ms. Han’s photo and collected her fingerprints on February 1. She couldn’t turn her body while sleeping, due to the enormous pain in her neck and back. She also needed help when getting up.

Ms. Han had excessive bleeding in her nose on February 2. She felt nauseous and dizzy. Her blood pressure continued to increase. When Ma went there to check on her situation, he slapped her on the back of her head. He also threatened her after taking her to the hospital, “I will torture you to death and bury you here.”

The police then called Ms. Han’s family. Her husband and son were infuriated to see how weak she was. Her husband asked Ma, “Who gave you the right to beat people? You are violating the law yourself!”

Ms. Han suffered terrible pain in her back and had a bloated stomach. After the examination, the police carried her and took her back to the lockup. Her husband tried to stop them, but the police claimed that her detention hadn’t expired yet. 

After they returned to the lockup, the guards refused to admit Ms. Han. Ma had to take her back to the hospital, where she was found to have lumbar disc herniation. Only then did the police agree to release her on bail.

Outside of the hospital, the police intimidated Ms. Han’s son, saying that his father was insulting them and that they would arrest him if he did it again. Ms. Han’s son refuted the police, “My mother was perfectly healthy when she was arrested. Now she is almost paralyzed. If this happened to your mother, how would you feel?” Her son took her home shortly after.