(Minghui.org) Two Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province residents were arrested last year for their faith in Falun Gong. One has been sentenced to four years and the situation of the other isn’t clear.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Li Xiulian, 69, went to visit another practitioner Ms. Li Zhilian, 68, on September 25, 2021. Fifteen officers followed her and arrested the two practitioners, as well as a third practitioner who came with Ms. Li Xiulian. The police revealed that someone reported them for distributing Falun Gong materials.

While the third practitioner was soon released due to her health condition, both Ms. Li Xiulian and Ms. Li Zhilian were held at the Zhuhai City No.1 Detention Center. Minghui.org has confirmed that Ms. Li Xiulian was sentenced to four years by the Xiangzhou District Court. But Ms. Li Zhilian’s situation isn’t clear.

Ms. Li Xiulian

Ms. Li Xiulian took up Falun Gong in January 1999. She used to suffer severe vertigo and each episode would last for at least two hours. Due to the side effects of the medication, she lost her hair and also had a bad temper. Within a few months after learning Falun Gong, she recovered and no longer lost her temper at her family members.

Not long after that, the persecution ensued. Ms. Li was arrested at work in October 2000 and held at the Zhuhai Detention Center for four months. She was given one year at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in March 2001. The authorities constantly harassed her after she was released.

Ms. Li Zhilian

Ms. Li Zhilian is a small business owner. She took up Falun Gong in 1994 and her bone spur, which she had been suffering since she was 18, soon disappeared.

She was first arrested in December 1999 in Beijing and taken back to her previous residence in Wuqiang County, Hebei Province. She was held at the Yaoyang County Women’s Prison for 15 days.

Ms. Li was arrested again in late 2001, after she moved to Zhuhai. During the one-month period she was held at the Meixi Detention Center, she was forced to do unpaid labor for 12 hours a day and wasn’t given enough food. After that, she was held at another detention facility for a month and extorted 1,000 yuan before being released.