(Minghui.org) Ms. Wang Yanhua, a 55-year-old native of Hulunbeir City, Inner Mongolia, has been living with her daughter in Sanhe City, Hebei Province, in recent years. Because her ID has been flagged for practicing Falun Gong, she has been subjected to constant harassment while traveling. The police in Hulunbeir even instructed their counterparts in Sanhe to harass Ms. Wang at her daughter’s home.

During the harassment, her grandchildren, aged 2 and 3, weren’t spared.

Little Children Interrogated Over Grandmother’s Spiritual Belief

Ms. Wang and her husband boarded a train back to Hulunbeir from Sanhe with their two-year-old grandson on the evening of September 30, 2021. As she swept her ID while exiting the train station the next morning, four security guards stopped her and took her to a room for a body search.

Two officers each searched her luggage once. Upon finding four pieces of twenty-cent paper bills printed with “Falun Dafa is good,” they videotaped it and asked her where she got it. She refused to answer.

The officers then searched her cellphone and asked for information about her friends on WeChat, a popular social media app in China. The male officer also ordered the female officer to rummage through Ms. Wang’s hair to check if she was hiding anything there.

As Ms. Wang refused to answer their question about whether she still practiced Falun Gong, one officer pulled her two-year-old grandson aside and asked him, “Is your grandma still practicing Falun Gong? Where does she practice it? Where does she keep her Falun Gong stuff?”

The little boy was so scared that he froze and couldn’t utter a word. His face was pale. Ms. Wang became angry and threatened to take legal action against the police if they continued to terrify the boy. Only then did the officers stop.

The officers interrogated Ms. Wang for over two hours and confiscated her paper bills that were printed with the “Falun Dafa is good” message, before allowing her to go home.

Almost a year later, at 8 p.m. on July 4, 2022, two masked officers from the Yanshunlu Police Station in Sanhe broke into the home of Ms. Wang’s daughter.

Upon entering, they asked, “Are you Wang Yanhua? Have you been detained in 2015 and 2017 for distributing Falun Gong flyers?”

“How did you know?” Ms. Wang questioned them.

The officers revealed that the police in Hulunbuir called them and asked them to continue monitoring Ms. Wang. They asked her who she still kept in contact with and photographed her.

While taking Ms. Wang’s photo, an officer also turned the camera to her three-year-old granddaughter. The little girl was trembling with fear. “Are they good cops? Grandma, didn’t you tell us that the police are protecting us?”

Ms. Wang tried to comfort her, “We should feel sorry for them. They are following the wrong orders.”

The little girl was traumatized after the incident. She cried and later said to anyone she saw, “The police came to our home. I don’t dare to return home now.”

Several officers came back the next day. When no one opened the door for them, they threatened to pry it open. They waited for a while. When no one responded, they turned off the electric power. When they confirmed that indeed no one was home, they turned the power back on.

Past Persecution of Ms. Wang

Ms. Wang took up Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline, on April 5, 1999, three months before the communist regime ordered the persecution of Falun Gong.

Feeling compelled to speak up for Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to appeal in early 2000. As soon as she arrived at the Tiananmen Square, a plainclothes officer came up to her and asked whether she practiced Falun Gong. After she said yes, he arrested her and took her to a detention facility that was full of practitioners from around the country. She heard someone saying that the authorities were arresting Falun Gong practitioners by the thousands every day.

After being held in Beijing for a few days, she was taken back to the Genhe City Detention Center in her hometown and detained from February 12 to March 10.

She was arrested again in 2001 and detained from April 13 to July 11.

Ten officers broke into her home one day in 2002. They dragged her off her bed and threw her into a police car. She was then taken to a brainwashing session held in the local airport. The abuse there caused her body to be covered with bruises. The authorities arranged different people to brainwash her every week. She was released after two months.

When the authorities hosted another brainwashing session a year later, she was held there again for seven days.

Ms. Wang’s next arrest was on May 19, 2015, after she was reported for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. She was detained for 15 days.

She was arrested again on November 20, 2015 and detained for ten days, for filing a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese Communist Party who ordered the persecution.

Ms. Wang’s brother was diagnosed with bowel cancer. When she took the train to Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province to visit him on July 19, 2017, two officers stopped her during a transfer and took her to a room at the train station to search her bag. Her two cellphones and a Falun Gong book were confiscated. They next took her to the police station for interrogation.

Worried about her brother, she demanded to leave. The officers wouldn’t let her, and handcuffed her. She was taken back to Hulunbeir and detained for 15 days.

Perpetrators’ contact information:

Wang Yizhou (王义洲), head of Nancheng Police Station: +86-15132607999, +86-13903269135Qiao Chunjiang (乔春江), head of Sanhe City Domestic Security Office: +86-13703261620Qian Jiliang (钱继亮), head of Sanhe City Detention Center: +86-13903166578Huang Xuejun (黄学军), head of Sanhe City Police Department: +86-316-3175812, +86-316-3175886Liu Fengshun (刘凤顺), secretary of Sanhe City Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-316-3212366Liu Wenli (刘文利), head of Sanhe City 610 Office: +86-13832613983

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)