(Minghui.org) Eighteen months after two Leshan City, Sichuan Province residents were transferred to a local prison to serve time for practicing Falun Gong, their families still haven’t been allowed to visit or call them even once. The two families are now very worried about their loved ones' situation.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Shuai Huilan and Ms. Jian Lanying were arrested on January 18, 2021 for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong in a village. The police ransacked their homes and took them to the Leshan Detention Center.

Six months later, Ms. Shuai’s family was notified by the Jiajiang Court to pay her 2,000 yuan court fine. When they went to the court, they learned that she had been secretly sentenced to 3.5 years. The court had already withdrawn 600 yuan from the deposit they made for her to buy daily necessities at the detention center, to pay part of the fine.

It has now been confirmed by Minghui.org that Ms. Jian was also sentenced to 3.5 years. They are both held at the Sichuan Province Women’s Prison in Chengdu City and denied any correspondence with their families.

Past Persecution

Ms. Jian, 45, took up Falun Gong in 2006. Her irregular menstrual periods and insomnia soon disappeared. Prior to her latest sentencing, she was previously arrested in 2014. The police confiscated her Falun Gong books and other personal items. She was held at the Guihualou lockup for seven days.

Ms. Shuai, 65, credits Falun Gong for curing her gastroenteritis, rheumatism and headache, after learning the exercises on June 15, 1996.

With the onset of the persecution in July 1999, the police ransacked Ms. Shuai’s home and confiscated photos of Falun Gong’s founder and the Falun emblem. She was arrested again on November 20, 1999 for doing Falun Gong exercises in public and held at the Shizhushan Detention Center for a month.

Ms. Shuai was working in her family’s farm field, when Song Sinan, the head of Yangwanxiang Police Station, showed up and asked her whether she still practiced Falun Gong. She said yes, so Song arrested her and gave her 15 days at the Guihualou lockup. She was later transferred to the Wutongqiao Detention Center and held there for a month. The police ransacked her home twice during the time.

Ms. Shuai was arrested again in the summer of 2001 while doing Falun Gong exercises at home. She was taken to the village government and later paraded through the streets. At night, she was handcuffed to the stairs, forced to sleep on the concrete ground and exposed to mosquito bites. Song ordered his subordinate Hu Baoguo to beat Ms. Shuai with a thick electrical wire. She was released two weeks later.

Only a few months later, in October 2001, Ms. Shuai was arrested one more time for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. Her home was ransacked again. She was given 1.5 years of forced labor and taken to the street for another humiliating parade.

After being taken to the Nanmusi Women’s Forced Labor Camp in November 2001, she was often deprived of sleep and denied restroom use. The guards sometimes forced her to stand or sit in double lotus position for long hours. She once had her hands tied up behind her back for one day. The guards also beat her after stuffing her mouth with stinky socks to prevent her from shouting. Her term was extended for a month because she wouldn’t renounce Falun Gong.

The police ransacked Ms. Shuai’s home one more time on April 6, 2004 and took away her tape recorder.

In November 2005, she was seized by the police while walking on the street, after being reported for distributing Falun Gong materials. Her home was ransacked again and her Falun Gong books and photo of Falun Gong’s founder confiscated.

Upon learning that the authorities attempted to take her to a brainwashing center, Ms. Shuai was forced to live away from home in April 2013.

After repeated harassment and home ransacking over the years, her daughter was always terrified and couldn’t eat, as soon as she saw cars parked outside of their home.

Related report:

Sichuan Woman Secretly Sentenced for Her Faith