(Minghui.org) A Chongqing resident was arrested and detained for a week, for raising awareness about the persecution of her faith in Falun Gong. The police tortured her, forced a local detention center to admit her under a false identity, and fabricated her interrogation record.

After the Chinese communist regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Zhang Liqun was fired from her job and divorced by her husband. She was unable to find a job after the police suspended her ID, and lived a very difficult life. Despite the unimaginable ordeal, she holds fast to her faith and persists in speaking up about it.

Ms. Zhang’s latest arrest was on June 10, 2022, after she was reported by three students for talking to them about Falun Gong near the Yongchuan District Stadium.

As Ms. Zhang resisted the physical examination, officer Zhu Guanxi of the Xuanhua Police Station handcuffed her hands behind her back and pulled her arms up. The police kept Ms. Zhang chained to a metal chair for 27 hours, while placing her under air conditioning. She kept shivering due to the cold temperature.

While taking her to a coronavirus test the next morning, the police pulled her handcuffed arms again and hit her on the back.

When the police took Ms. Zhang to the Hechuan Detention Center on the evening of June 11, the police fabricated an identity for her because she had refused to provide her personal information. The detention center initially refused to enter the false information, but relented after being pressured by the police.

A few days later, the police found Ms. Zhang’s identify and her address through the massive surveillance system. They ransacked her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books.

The police took Ms. Zhang to the Yongchuan Police Department on June 17 and fabricated an interrogation account in front of her. This was the third time they made up interrogation accounts for her, where they fabricated answers to their own questions. The police took Ms. Zhang to Chongqing University for another interrogation in the afternoon. Her sister, who went with them, was also interrogated. Ms. Zhang was then released.

Losing Everything in the Persecution

Ms. Zhang previously worked as an accountant at the Jinsha Electric Research Institute at Chongqing University. She took up Falun Gong in 2000 and soon enjoyed tremendous health improvement.

While on her way to attend a gathering of local practitioners in early 2002, she was arrested and held the Shapingba Detention Center, the Shapingba Drug Rehab Center, and the Geleshan Brainwashing Center.

After she escaped from the brainwashing center in April 2002, the police harassed her colleagues, friends, and family members, questioning them about her whereabouts. They put her on the wanted list and froze her residential registration. The police forced her workplace to fire her and her school-sponsored housing was rescinded.

The police also pressured Ms. Zhang’s husband, Li Yunliang, to write a repentance letter for not stopping her from practicing Falun Gong. Unable to bear the pressure, he filed for a divorce. Ms. Zhang lived a displaced life, hiding from the police to avoid further persecution.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Chen Jiangyu (陈江渝), head of Shapingba District Police Department: +86-23-63755190
Yu Bin (虞斌), political secretary of Shapingba District 610 Office: +86-23-63755224Wang Yuguo (王余果), secretary of Shapingba District Political and Legal Affairs CommitteeGong Wang (龚旺), director of Shapingba District Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-23-61706130

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)