(Minghui.org) Two Linqing City, Shandong Province residents, Ms. Liu Yulian and Ms. Xing Ailing, were arrested on May 13, 2022 for practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Xing’s father-in-law and daughter-in-law were also arrested shortly afterwards. While Ms. Liu and Ms. Xing’s father-in-law have been released, Ms. Xing and her daughter-in-law remain in custody at the time of writing.

It is not clear whether Ms. Xing’s father-in-law and daughter-in-law practice Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Liu Yulian’s Arrest

Wang Guangyuan, an official of Panpengdian Village where Ms. Liu lives, Gao, the chief of Bachalu Police Station, and four others broke into Ms. Liu’s home at 11 a.m. on May 13, 2022.

Upon entering, they questioned whether Ms. Liu still practiced Falun Gong. After she answered “Yes,” the officers began to search her home. Her Falun Gong books, photo of Falun Gong’s founder, three Falun Gong themed artworks, and several calendars with information about Falun Gong were confiscated. The police handcuffed Ms. Liu and forced her to walk backward to the police car.

Ms. Liu insisted that she hadn’t violated any laws by practicing Falun Gong. Police chief Gao blamed her for having a bad attitude and tightened her handcuffs. The handcuffs cut into her wrists and caused excruciating pain.

After Ms. Liu was taken to the Bachalu Police Station, her body began to shake involuntarily and her blood pressure became dangerously high. The police consulted a doctor, who asked the police to remove the handcuffs. Ms. Liu was released at around 7 p.m. that day.

Persecution of Ms. Xing’s Family

At 12 p.m., one hour after Ms. Liu’s arrest, police chief Gao, two village officials, Wang Guangyuan and Wang Junxing, and three others, came to Ms. Xing’s home in the same village.

They also asked whether Ms. Xing still practiced Falun Gong. When she also said “Yes,” four officers grabbed her hair, twisted her arms and held her to the ground. She was handcuffed and taken to the police car.

Ms. Xing’s father-in-law, Mr. Pan Lishun, stood in front of the car to stop the police. The officers pulled him aside and drove away.

The police returned at 1 p.m. As the family refused to let them in, they took a ladder and scaled the fence to break in. They handcuffed Mr. Pan and Ms. Xing’s daughter-in-law, Ms. Wang Huayan. Ms. Wang’s three children, between 8 and 13, were terrified and kept crying.

The police confiscated Ms. Xing’s 18,000 yuan in cash, Falun Gong books, photo of Falun Gong’s founder, computer, printer, and some Falun Gong informational materials.

Mr. Pan was released around 7 p.m., but Ms. Xing and Ms. Wang have since been held at a hotel-turned detention facility.