(Minghui.org) A Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province resident was reportedly beaten by the inmates while detained for practicing Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Three officers of the Zijing Police Station knocked on Mr. Miao Jianguo’s door on the early afternoon of February 21, 2022. His wife opened the door and told the police that Mr. Miao wasn’t home. After staying for a brief while, the officers left. They returned at around 4 p.m., shortly after Mr. Miao had returned.

Thinking it was his friends, Mr. Miao, 51, opened the door, only to have the officers barge in. They ransacked his home and confiscated Falun Gong related materials. Mr. Miao tried to call for help, but the officers took away his phone.

Although the officers told Mr. Miao’s wife that they were just asking him some questions, they arrested and took him to the Jinzhou City Detention Center. The police promised that they would release Mr. Miao in seven days. But when his brother went to the detention center to pick him up on February 27, the authorities refused to release him.

Minghui.org has recently confirmed that Mr. Miao was beaten by the inmates at the detention center and was injured. It’s not clear whether he is still detained at the time of writing.

The current chief of the Zijing Police Station is Yan Shengbin, 45. He used to be the deputy director of Linghe District Domestic Security Office in Jinzhou City. He has been actively participating in the persecution. At least three practitioners arrested by him, Liu Wansheng, Li Kai and Sun Lijuan, have been sentenced.

Mr. Miao used to work for the Jinzhou railroad bureau. Because of upholding his faith in Falun Gong, he was arrested in October 2001. His wife, who was then eight-months pregnant, was terrified and suffered placental abruption, resulting in the unborn child's death. She has never been able to carry a baby again.

Mr. Miao was given three years of forced labor following his arrest on July 23, 2002. While he was briefly released on bail, he was later taken back into custody and had his term extended. He wasn’t released until February 15, 2007. He was arrested again on February 25, 2008 and later sentenced to four years in prison. While he was serving his term, his mother passed away without seeing him one last time. His father became disoriented and died in a car accident three years later.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Yan Shengbin (彦生斌), chief of the Zijing Police Station: +86-17641600230
Li Hujun (李虎军), head of Jinzhou City Detention Center: +86-416-3708082, +86-416-3708086Liu Xiaozhong (刘晓忠), instructor of Jinzhou City Detention Center