(Minghui.org) While a local court ruled to put on hold the case against Mr. Zheng Yongxin for practicing Falun Gong, the police still refused to release him. The 66-year-old Yinchuan City, Ningxia Province resident is now suffering from a serious medical condition, after nearly 20 months of detention. 

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

According to Mr. Zheng’s family, he has been hospitalized in critical condition several times in the past few months. His blood pressure was very unstable, sometimes in the very low range of 30/70 mmHg and sometimes at the dangerously high level of 169/230 mmHg. He has been forced to take medicine to lower his blood pressure. 

Mr. Zheng lost consciousness again on February 28, 2022 and was resuscitated at the hospital. His lawyer applied to have him released on bail, but their request was rejected. His lawyer recently applied to the Shapotou District Court again to have his client released for medical treatment and is still awaiting the result. 

Mr. Zheng, a retired Yinchuan City Power Bureau employee, has been repeatedly arrested and detained for practicing Falun Gong over the past 23 years. He was once given three years of forced labor. After he held a hunger strike one year into his term, the authorities sentenced him to six years and transferred him to prison. His workplace fired him shortly after. His wife divorced him and he was forced into displacement. Due to pressure from the persecution, his father passed away in 2014.

Mr. Zheng married another practitioner, Ms. Yang Jie, in 2010. Ms. Yang, a former life insurance company employee, has also been targeted for practicing Falun Gong, including serving five years in labor camps and a prison term of three and a half years. 

The couple were arrested on September 17, 2019 and given 14 days of detention. While Ms. Yang was released on October 1, Mr. Zheng was held at the police station for an extra day and released on October 2. 

Over ten officers broke into the couple’s home on September 2, 2020 and ordered Mr. Zheng to renounce Falun Gong. He refused and was taken to the Funingjie Police Station. His home was also ransacked. He was released the next day. 

The couple went to Zhongwei City (about 120 miles from Yinchuan) in October 2020 to visit Ms. Yang’s parents but were targeted in a local group arrest on October 24. Another seven practitioners, including Ms. Huang Yuxia, Ms. Chang Xiue, Ms. Wen Jing, Ms. Jing Yuling, Ms. Wang Shunqin, Ms. Wen Yuxiu and Ms. Zhang Yulian, were also arrested.

The practitioners’ cases were submitted to the Shapotou Procuratorate in January 2021. After returning the cases twice to the police, the procuratorate submitted the cases to the Shapotou District Court in May 2021. 

Although the Shapotou District Court announced that they were putting the practitioners’ cases on hold on May 25, 2021, the authorities have still refused to release them.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Wang Jing (王静), presiding judge, Shapotou District Court: +86-18609512283, +86-13739550332
Li Xiaona (李晓娜), judge, Shapotou District Court: +86-13739572890Li Yuanyi (李元颐), judge, Shapotou District Court: +86-18395154730Wang Shunkun (王舜坤), prosecutor, Shapotou District Procuratorate: +86-955-7656792Qiang Jihong (强吉鸿), president, Shapotou District Procuratorate: +86-955-7656789

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)

Related reports:

Cases Against 7 Falun Gong Practitioners in Ningxia Province Put on Hold, They Remain in Detention

After Years of Incarceration and Torture, Ningxia Couple Arrested for Their Faith Again