(Minghui.org) Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual practice based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has been persecuting the practice since July 1999. Wang Shouhua, former director of the 610 Office of Laixi City, Shandong Province, has actively participated in the persecution.

Perpetrator Information

Full Name of Perpetrator: Wang (surname) Shouhua (first name) (王守华)Gender: MaleCountry: ChinaEthnicity: HanDate of Birth: December 25, 1955Place of Birth: Puwanbo Village, Sunshou Town, Laixi City, Qingdao City, Shandong ProvinceMobile number: +86-18754262226

Title or Position

July 1999 – January 2003: deputy Party secretary of the Laixi City Political and Legal Affairs CommitteeJanuary 2003 – January 2005: director of the 610 Office of Laixi City

Main Crimes

According to information reported on the Minghui website, from July 1999 to January 2005, 142 practitioners were given forced labor camp terms, four were sentenced to prison terms, 348 were detained, and 253 were taken to brainwashing centers and eight to mental hospitals. The persecution resulted in the deaths of five practitioners and the mental breakdowns of two. Not only did the targeted practitioners endure torture and brainwashing themselves, but their families also suffered harassment and financial loss.

The following are selected cases of persecution during Wang’s tenure.


Mr. Shi Hongjie (史洪杰) was arrested in 2002 and tortured at the Laixi Police Department. He was tortured to death on October 18, 2002. The autopsy report stated that he had bruising in his skull, four broken ribs, one broken finger, and one broken toe. The broken ribs pierced his lungs.

Mr. Sui Guangxi (隋广西) and his wife were arrested on September 17, 2002, and held in a brainwashing center. The guards hit his head with a wet bed sheet, didn’t give him anything to eat or drink, and prohibited him from using the bathroom. Mr. Sui managed to escape three weeks later. However, he became too weak due to the torture and died on July 4, 2003.

The Laixi police arrested at least eight practitioners, including Mr. Cui Dezhen (崔德臻), on December 28, 2001. The police beat Mr. Cui to death and then placed his body near a high voltage electricity pole to imply he died of electric shock.

Practitioners Subjected to Bodily Torture

The authorities in Laixi set up a brainwashing center to torture Falun Gong practitioners. Around the Communist Party’s National Day (October 1) in 2002, the Laixi police arrested 16 practitioners and put them in the brainwashing center. They fed them only 2 ounces of rice per meal and beat them severely. In addition, they put a picture of Falun Gong’s founder Mr. Li Hongzhi on the floor and ordered the practitioners to step on it. When they refused to do so, the police beat them. A guard tried to sexually assault three female practitioners but didn’t succeed.

The police handcuffed Mr. Lu Tianqiang and hung him up. They didn’t let him sleep. Mr. Lu was in a delirious state due to torture and almost died.

Mr. Zheng Weizhi’s eyes became black and swollen due to the beatings. His wife was beaten so badly that she became incontinent.

Mr. Liu Qingquan was hung up to a window, a door, or a tree every day. He was also beaten and kicked. He held a hunger strike to protest the torture but was force-fed. He was not able to have a bowel movement for nearly two weeks.

Ms. Liu Shulian was hung to windows at night and not allowed to sleep.

Mr. Jiang Hede was frequently beaten. When he was rolling on the ground due to pain, his tormentors laughed at him and ordered him to stand up right away. They also handcuffed him and hung him up for several months.

Tormentors used a stick to hit Ms. Zhang Zhenghua’s head. They hung her from the door at night. They also covered her mouth and nose with a towel and wouldn’t remove it until her face turned purple.

Practitioners Arrested

The Laixi police arrested eight practitioners on the 2002 Chinese New Year’s Eve. Some were pulled out of their beds in only what they slept in.

Wang Shouhua ordered the police to arrest Ms. Zhu Lixin in 2002 after receiving a report that she distributed Falun Gong informational materials in a market. The police ransacked her home and arrested her four-year-old daughter. After detaining Ms. Zhu for a month, they put her in a brainwashing center and later sent her to a forced labor camp to serve a three-year term.

Mr. Wang Anqing and over 20 other practitioners were arrested when they were having a gathering on February 11, 2004. Wang ordered the police to transfer them to the Laixi Detention Center at night. Most of the practitioners were later given two-year forced labor camp terms.

Practitioners Held in Psychiatric Hospitals

Mr. Zhang Weishan was held in a psychiatric hospital eight times even though he was perfectly normal.

The police attempted to admit Ms. Hu Keling to a forced labor camp in August 2002. After the labor camp rejected her for health reasons, the Laixi 610 Office and the police put her in the “mental disease” section of Laixi No. 2 Hospital. When Ms. Hu refused to submit to the “treatment,” she was tied on a bed and given a shot. Every day after that, a male nurse tied her on the bed and pinched her nose to force-feed her unknown drugs. The hospital also gave her a shot every few days. She suffered frequent dizziness, blurred vision, stiffness, swelling, numbness, fidgeting, panic attacks, fear, and no period. She was released four months later.