(Minghui.org) A Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, man was arrested on April 24, 2021, for talking to his Go game students about Falun Gong and its principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

While Mr. Hong Chang was held at a local detention center, the guards arranged six inmates to monitor and torture him. They barred him from calling or meeting with his family. They also restricted him from talking to others or buying any daily necessities. The Xihu District Court sentenced him to a five-year prison term with a 50,000 yuan fine in late December 2021.

Prior to his latest sentencing, Mr. Hong, 53, had served one labor camp term and two prison terms, totaling eight years, for upholding his faith, a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Hong was first arrested in September 1999 and detained for two months. As he refused to renounce Falun Gong, he was given one year at the Shiliping Forced Labor Camp, where he was tortured with the tiger bench, force-fed chili pepper water, and had his toes burned with a lighter.

As he reported the persecution to the Minghui.org website after being released, he was arrested again in May 2001 and sentenced to four years in the Zhejiang Province No. 4 Prison. In order to force him to give up Falun Gong, the guards and inmates often deprived him of sleep and forced him to stand for up to 20 hours. They also starved him, handcuffed him behind his back, and shocked his neck with electric batons.

Mr. Hong was arrested again in May 2009 for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. He was sentenced to three years by the Shangcheng District Court and taken to the Zhejiang Province No. 4 Prison on November 11, 2009.

Perpetrators’ information:Zhu Guanlin (朱冠林), judge of Xihu District Court: +86-571-88497959Wang (汪), prosecutor of Xihu District Procuratorate: +86-571-87933721Zhao Jianguo (赵剑国), officer of Gongshu District Domestic Security Office

Related report:

Once Incarcerated for Eight Years, Zhejiang Man Faces Trial Again