(Minghui.org) For upholding her faith in Falun Gong and telling people about the persecution going on in China, an 80-year-old woman has been arrested seven times and subjected to long term surveillance.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Jie Shuhua, a resident of Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province, began practicing Falun Gong in 1996 at the age of 55.

With the onset of the persecution, Ms. Jie, like many other Falun Gong practitioners, went to Beijing to appeal in January 2000 and was arrested. She was taken to Tiananmen Police Station, and handcuffed with one hand pulling over the shoulder to be cuffed with the other hand pulled up behind her back. Most people who are tortured like this feel extreme pain in less than twenty minutes. Ms. Jie was handcuffed like this for a day. The handcuffs left deep marks on her wrists and the wounds did not completely heal for two years. After she was taken back to Ningbo, she was held at the Baihe Police Station for two days before being released.

Ms. Jie went to Beijing a year later on July 20, 2001, and was arrested again. After a few hours of detention in Beijing, she was sent back to Ningbo and held at the Ningbo Detention Center for a month.

Since then, Ms. Jie has been under police surveillance and has had her daily life closely monitored by the police.

Ms. Jie was arrested again in July 2002 and held at a brainwashing center. Wu Bolun of the Ningbo City Police Department and Wang Yongninan of the Ningbo City 610 Office slandered Falun Gong during the brainwashing sessions there.

She was arrested again around May 2009 for talking to people about Falun Gong. She was held in a metal cage for over ten hours at the Dongliu Police Station.

For filing a criminal complaint in July 2015 against Jiang Zemin, former head of the Chinese regime, for ordering the persecution, Ms. Jie was arrested two months later by officers of Baihe Police Station. She was again locked in a metal cage for a day before being released.

Ms. Jie was arrested again in May 2017 for telling people about Falun Gong and the persecution of it. She was held at the Zhonggongmiao Police Station for 12 hours and then released.

Her latest arrest was on April 18, 2019, when she and three other Falun Gong practitioners were reading Falun Gong books at her own home. She was released on the same day.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Wu Bolun (巫波伦), now deputy secretary of Zhejiang Province Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-13806661866
Wang Yongninan (王永年), director of Ningbo City 610 Office: +86-13906698455Dong Yiwei (董奕玮), Deputy Director of Ningbo Ethnic and Religious Affairs Bureau: +86-13967836095

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution