(Minghui.org) Mr. He Jinru, a 64-year-old resident of Huidong County, Guangdong Province, was arrested on April 4, 2017 for posting “Falun Dafa Is Good” in public spaces. He was sentenced to five years in Beijiang Prison and fined 10,000 yuan in March 2018. 

At the prison, Mr. He was pressured to write statements to renounce his belief in Falun Dafa (also known as Falun Gong), a spiritual practice that has been persecuted by the Communist regime since 1999. Prison officials forced him and other imprisoned Falun Gong practitioners to study other Buddhist books and teachings in an attempt to “convert” them. They were ordered to recite Buddhist mantras, such as Shurangama Mantra, etc. When Mr. He refused to comply, he was physically punished.

Prison guard Liu Chuankai had a headphone put on Mr. He and forced him to listen to various high pitched noises for long periods of time. Mr. He became extremely distressed and suffered from a splitting headache.

In July 2020, for about twenty days, Liu ordered several inmates to torture Mr. He. One inmate pressed on his legs while he was sitting on the ground; another inmate pressed against Mr. He’s back with his knees; and a third one pulled his arms backwards as much he could. The three inmates “stretched” Mr. He every day and caused excruciating pain. 

Again in December 2020, Liu ordered Mr. He’s hands and body tied in a twisted position. After a month, Mr. He could no longer care for himself. 


Mr. He, born in July 1957, worked as a landscaper. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. After the Chinese government began to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, Mr. He was imprisoned multiple time for upholding his belief in Falun Gong. 

In January 2000, he was given 5 years at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, where he was placed in solitary confinement and shocked with electric batons. Soon after he was released in 2004, he was again sentenced to 5 years in prison at Sihui Prison. By the time he left the prison in 2009, Mr. He had become unable to walk due to injuries from severe abuse. 

On January 28, 2010, Mr. He was arrested again and sentenced to 5 years in prison. He was taken to Beijiang Prison where he suffered severe muscle atrophy in both arms. His family suspects that he was poisoned by the authorities. 

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Liu Chuankai (刘传凯), guard, Beijiang Prison: +86-13902342143
Huo Linyin (霍麟胤), guard, Beijiang Prison: +86-13902342727Liu Yajun (刘亚军), guard, Beijiang Prison: +86-13509057380

Related article in Chinese:


Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution