(Minghui.org) Ms. Shi Jinhua, 79 years old, is a retired worker from the steel factory in Hengyang City, Hunan Province. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, she has been detained over a dozen times. 

Ms. Shi was last arrested in 2011 and sentenced to prison. During her imprisonment, she was brutally tortured. As a result, her mental and physical health kept deteriorating. Her legs are swollen and stiff now. Her body often shakes involuntarily. 

Ms. Shi Jinhua (photo taken around 2010)

Below are two severe incidents of the persecution that Ms. Shi has suffered in the past.

Being Framed

Ms. Shi was reported while she was distributing informational materials about Falun Gong in 2000, when she was living in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. She was detained at Sanshui Women’s Forced Labor Camp. The guards ordered her to write a “statement” to give up her belief. She refused. The guards said, “It is fine if you do not want to write the statement. We will give you a few pieces of blank paper, if you sign on the paper, we will release you.” Ms. Shi knew they were trying to deceive her and she didn’t comply.

Then the guards held her hand and forced her to sign on the blank piece of paper. They took out a prepared statement and copied the content to the blank paper with Ms. Shi’s signature. The guards then used the made-up “statement” as “proof” and reported to the upper management that Ms. Shi was “transformed.”

Torture re-enactment: Forced signature

It did not just end there. The perpetrators then sent the made-up “statement” to Qidong Police Department in Ms. Shi’s hometown. The police there then broadcast it on the local television station. They also sent this fake “statement” to the local detention center mainly for detained practitioners to listen. They claimed Ms. Shi, a “prime target” had been “transformed” and asked other practitioners to follow suit.

Injection of Unknown Drug and Tied to a Metal Bed

When Mr. Shi went to Shanghai to visit her son in 2011, she was reported again while distributing Falun Gong materials and incarcerated in Nanhui Prison in Shanghai. The prison guards ordered her to write a “renouncing statement.” She refused. The guards then injected her in the spine with unknown drugs and tied her to a metal bed. They wrapped ropes around her neck which made it difficult for her to breathe. They tied her limbs tightly. The more she moved, the tighter the ropes became. 

When she was let down from the bed a few hours later, she could not feel her limbs. Her entire body was shaking non-stop.

Although the condition was alleviated after she was released, as she got older, the condition recurred and now she has completely lost the ability to take care of herself.

Related reports:

70-Year-Old Woman Suffers Four Years of Torture in Shanghai Prison

Ms. Shi Jinhua's Life in Danger at Shanghai Prison

Sixty-Eight-Year Old Ms. Shi Jinhua from Qidong County, Hunan Province Arrested 13 Times

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution