(Minghui.org) Mr. Fu Tingfa, a former elementary teacher who has become blind in one eye due to torture in prison, was recently harassed again for his faith in Falun Gong, a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

In March 2021, officers of the Chengbei Police Station in Junan Coutny, Shandong Province harassed Mr. Fu’s son, who was working in the nearby Taian City. The police demanded to know Mr. Fu’s contact information, but his son didn’t comply.

Three police officers went to Mr. Fu’s home on June 8, 2021. They knocked on the door for nine minutes. After Mr. Fu refused to open the door, the officers eventually left.

In the past 22 years, Mr. Fu, a former teacher of the Junan County No.8 Elementary school, has been arrested and incarcerated multiple times for upholding his faith in Falun Gong, a mind-body practice that he credits for curing his severe neurasthenia.

Mr. Fu was first arrested on June 22, 2001. While he was interrogated at the Chengdong Police Station, the police beat his feet and neck with a rubber stick, which caused severe internal injuries without visible external wounds. The police also grabbed Mr. Fu’s head and slammed it against the wall. Much of his hair was pulled off. Lu Xiutian, head of the county 610 Office, an extralegal agency created specifically to persecute Falun Gong, pressed against his ribs with a wooden stick.

Mr. Fu was later taken to the Junan County Detention Center and beaten by inmates during his 30-day detention center. He was later released on bail after his family paid a 5,000-yuan bond.

Mr. Fu was arrested again in December 2001 and held at a brainwashing center aimed at forcing him to renounce his faith. His family was extorted out of 4,200 yuan in exchange for his release.

Shortly after Mr. Fu’s next arrest on September 15, 2010, he was given one year at the Zhangqiu Forced Labor Camp.

For a few days around October 19 that year, in an attempt to force Mr. Fu to renounce Falun Gong, the guards kicked his head and hand with their leather boots, and they slapped him in the face and hand. They also handcuffed him in the restroom, leaving him unable to stand up or squat down. In another torture session, they kicked him in his right eye and caused permanent detachment of his retina.

To avoid bearing the responsibility, the labor camp soon released Mr. Fu. His family paid a 2,000-yuan bail bond, and the prison returned the funds after his term expired.

Mr. Fu spent thousands of yuan to treat his eye, but he still can’t see things out of it. During this time, the labor camp made several attempts to take him back to finish serving his time.

Related reports:

Two Teachers Tried for the Same Generic Accusation

Junan County Teacher Mr. Fu Tingfa Taken to Brainwashing Center

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution