(Minghui.org) Minghui.org recently confirmed that two Dingzhou City, Hebei Province residents were persecuted to death for practicing Falun Gong, in 2002 and 2006, respectively.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Below are the details of their cases.

Mr. Li Guochang

Mr. Li Guochang

Mr. Li Guochang, from Liqingu Village, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in January 2001. He was arrested and taken back to Liqingu Police Station. The 600 yuan in cash he had was confiscated.

The police stripped Mr. Li naked, forced him to run laps in the snow, and beat him with sticks. Mr. Li was later held at the Dingzhou Detention center and Mancheng Forced Labor Camp for further persecution.

Because Mr. Li refused to renounce his faith, he was deprived of food and sleep. Only after Mr. Li became seriously ill from the torture did the police notify his family to bring him back. Mr. Li passed away on November 15, 2002. He was 51.

Perpetrator: Guo Yaolan, the head of Liqingu Police Station

Mr. Jia Wencheng

Mr. Jia Wencheng

Mr. Jia Wencheng, from Dingning Village, Dingning Town, was a cadre in the air force. He was discharged from the military due to high blood pressure. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, and all his diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes were gone quickly. He later became the deputy chief of Liuchun Village.

In October 2000, the police arrested Mr. Jia, his wife Ms. Su Qingguo, and daughter-in-law Ms. Song Suping.

Police officer Wang Huiqing and police station chief Yang Fuchang brutally beat Mr. Jia, interrogating him about where he had obtained the Falun Gong materials.

Mr. Jia’s wife and daughter-in-law were detained at Dinzhou City Lockup and later released after being extorted out of 10,000 yuan.

Mr. Jia was taken to the Dingzhou City Detention Center on the day of his arrest. After a month of torture, he was in critical condition–he vomited whatever he ate and his weight quickly dropped. Despite his condition, the police still gave him one year of forced labor and forced his workplace to fire him.

Mr. Jia was later released from the detention center on medical parole. Medical exams showed that he had heart disease, hypertension, phlebitis, and diabetes. He was so sick that the hospital refused to treat him.

In 2001, just as he had begun to recover, Mr. Jia was forced to attend a brainwashing session held at Dingzhou City Party School by the local 610 Office. He passed out on the way there and was still forced to go to the school after he came to. After he arrived at the school, his face was waxy and sweaty, and he couldn't walk.

In the next few years, Zhou Jun of the Dingningdian Town 610 Office constantly harassed him. They even sent people to monitor him at his neighbor's home. The mental stress took such a toll on Mr. Jia’s health that he passed away in February 2006. He was 65.

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution