(Minghui.org) After living the past two decades in despair, a Yi County, Liaoning Province resident died on February 12, 2021, at the age of 63.

Ms. Jiang Yanling in an undated photo

Ms. Jiang Yanling’s death was a tragic end to the nonstop harassment by authorities for upholding her faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline centered on the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance.

Ms. Jiang took up Falun Gong in the spring of 1999, only a few months before the Chinese Communist Party launched the nationwide persecution of the practice that has continued to this day.

While visiting a friend on March 20, 2001, Ms. Jiang was arrested by police officers Zhang Yanfu, Wang Zhanlin, and Zhou Hualai, who suddenly broke in. She was taken to the Yi County Police Department and interrogated for many hours. She was released on bail on the next day after having  3,000 yuan extorted from her. The police never stopped harassing her.

Led by the village chief, police officers Chen Fuzhi and Chen Nailian broke into Ms. Jiang’s home one evening in July 2004. While she escaped arrest, the police ransacked her home and confiscated her computer, printer, and even some feminine products.

To avoid the persecution, Ms. Jiang was forced to live away from home. During this time, the police harassed her family even more frequently and threatened them to turn her in. The police also put her on a wanted list and looked for her everywhere, further forcing her to remain in displacement.

After moving from place to place for five years and five months, Ms. Jiang was arrested at a temporary residence on December 22, 2009. Led by Jiang Cheng, the head of Yi County Domestic Security Office, over 20 officers from the Yizhou Town Police Station surrounded the building and took her away. Her laptop, printer and blank DVDs to make informational materials about Falun Gong were confiscated.

Ms. Jiang was secretly tried by the Yi County Court on March 23, 2010, and sentenced to 13 years in May 2010, a term predetermined by the Jinzhou City 610 Office and Jinzhou City Intermediate Court. She appealed the verdict, but the higher court ruled to uphold her sentence.

Ms. Jiang developed serious illness symptoms during her ten months in the Jinzhou City Detention Center, but she was still taken to the Liaoning Province Women’s Prison around September 11, 2020. Her family was extorted out of 2,000 yuan by the detention center.

Her health further deteriorated after she was tortured in the prison. She developed a heart condition, uterine fibroids, and hemangioma. She was hospitalized after she began to vomit blood and had a lasting fever. With her on the verge of death, the prison released her a few days later on April 30, 2011.

Just as she began to recover, the authorities took her back to the prison on November 3, 2011, and she was tortured again for not renouncing Falun Gong. Ms. Jiang’s health quickly declined due to the torture, and she was released on medical parole for the second time on July 10, 2013.

Not given a moment of peace to recover due to continued police harassment, Ms. Jiang sold her house and was forced into an unstable life again. She passed away eight years later, after enduring unimaginable hardship and suffering.

Related reports:

Liaoning Women's Prison Forced to Release Jiang Yanling Due to Her Critical Condition Resulting from Persecution

Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Jiang Yanling Sent to Liaoning Province Women's Prison for a Third Time

Prison Rejects Ms. Jiang Yanling Due to Her Deteriorated Health Resulting from Torture

Ms. Jiang Yanling of Yi County, Liaoning Province, Illegally Arrested

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution