(Minghui.org) After doing the morning exercises on April 24, 1999, I learned of the arrests of several dozen Falun Dafa practitioners in Tianjin. A volunteer instructor at our exercise site said some practitioners would go to the National Appeals Office the next day to seek justice. She said everyone in our practice site was welcome to go.

In the past few years, despite Falun Dafa’s tremendous popularity in China, the government banned the publication of its books and showed some signs of initiating a persecution campaign against it.

Because we all benefited from practicing Falun Dafa, an ancient mind-body discipline, and our practice over the years had purified our minds and made us very healthy, we felt compelled to speak up for Falun Dafa. A practitioner in his 90s said he would go with me.

Another volunteer instructor whispered to me, “When we go to the appeals office, don’t hesitate to stand in the front row.” After numerous political campaigns over the years, from the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976) to the Tiananmen Massacres on June 4, 1989, we knew very well what the Chinese Communist Party was capable of doing and the consequences of standing in the front in such politically sensitive events. Her bravery deeply touched me.

The next day, we came together to a place not far from the west gate of Zhongnanhai, the central government compound. By then, many fellow practitioners had gathered, and many of them came from all over the country, judging by their dialects. All of them stood there in orderly rows. The scene was serene and peaceful. I stood in the front row and saw police officers walking back and forth in a relaxed manner. Some practitioners in the back of the row were meditating and reading Falun Dafa books.

I remember it was around 2 p.m. when all the practitioners around me were looking up into the sky. When I raised my head, I saw countless Falun in the sky falling like snowflakes on every practitioner present, spinning continuously. We all felt comfortable and free of fatigue. The sun was enveloped by a huge halo. It was so wonderful and sacred! Everyone watched on in silence. In our hearts rose infinite gratitude to Master Li, the teacher of Falun Dafa.

Not long after, we heard Premier Zhu Rongji had met with a few practitioners’ representatives. We still stood there silently, waiting for the result. Upon confirming around 9 p.m. that the Tianjin practitioners had been released, we all left quietly.

Now 22 years have passed, but the serenity and peace demonstrated by the practitioners still live vividly in my mind. When Falun Dafa is vindicated, I believe this day will forever be remembered in history.

Chinese version available

Category: Peaceful Protest of April 25, 1999