(Minghui.org) Mr. Liu, a 45-year-old resident of Toronto, Canada, tested positive for the coronavirus that causes Covid-19 at the end of January 2021. When his symptoms suddenly deteriorated in early February, he was tested again and found to have been infected with B.1.1.7, one of the most contagious strains. 

After staying on a ventilator in the intensive care unit (ICU) at Markham Stouffville Hospital for 15 days, Mr. Liu was finally released from the hospital on March 16. 

The following is an account of Mr. Liu’s miraculous experience and recovery during his time in the ICU. 

Infection and Hospitalization

After the initial coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) tried all means to cover it up and mislead the public, which caused virus infections to escalate quickly into a pandemic. The CCP’s mishandling of the virus has led many people to refer to the coronavirus as the CCP Virus. The pandemic has so far infected more than 130 million people and claimed the lives of nearly 3 million. Among them, more than 31 million infections and 570,000 deaths have occurred in the U.S. 

Initially identified in the U.K. late last year, the B.1.1.7 variant of the coronavirus has at least 17 mutations and is up to 70% more infectious than previous strains. Health professionals have found that this variant also has a much higher death rate. It has now spread to 50 countries.

Mr. Liu said his ordeal started in late January when one of his friends caught the virus. “So my entire family went for testing and my result was positive. At that time, I only exhibited symptoms of a normal cold, but a doctor called every day to check in with me,” he recalled. 

Four days after being diagnosed (February 3), his condition suddenly deteriorated. He started to experience a bad cough, fever, difficulty breathing, and loss of taste. The doctor urged him to go to the emergency department at Markham Stouffville Hospital. He went and was tested again. “The result indicated that I was infected with the B.1.1.7 strain, and I was moved to the ICU three days later and put on a ventilator,” he said. Shortly after that he lost consciousness. 

Mr. Liu was in a coma for more than 10 days. That was the most stressful time, said his wife Linda. “When he was first hospitalized, he was still able to talk to me through video calls on February 4 and 5. I could tell he was very weak. After he was moved to the ICU on February 6, the doctor said it was a virulent variant and he had fallen into a coma,” she said. 

Mr. Liu in the hospital ICU 

At 7 a.m. on February 15, Linda received a phone call from the hospital. “I was trembling with fear when I picked up the phone because the hospital usually wouldn't call me so early,” she recalled. “I was told that he was in danger and required high flow oxygen of 70%. He would be done if he ended up needing 100%.”

Through a video link every day, she was able to see her husband, unconscious and connected to many tubes. “I begged heaven for help. Plus I had to help my 7-year-old son with his online classes. So these days were very hard for me,” she added. 

Fortunately, the doctor said on February 18 that Mr. Liu’s condition had stabilized. Two days later, he no longer needed oxygen and a day later, he was moved to a general ward. 

Mr. Liu said he did not remember what had happened while he was in ICU. When Linda was allowed to visit him in the general ward, she told him that he had passed a huge tribulation. 

Nine-Word Auspicious Phrase

Both Mr. Liu and Linda felt fortunate to have pulled through such a difficult time. In those 20 days, Mr. Liu's weight dropped from almost 180 to about 140 pounds. 

Recalling that period, he said he had many dreams. Some of them were related to Falun Gong practitioners he had met and in one dream he was watching a Shen Yun performance. “I am clear on how I survived this ordeal,” he said. 

Mr. Liu met a Falun Gong practitioner at an airport about two years ago. They chatted for a while and the practitioner told him that Falun Gong (also called Falun Dafa) is a meditation system based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, which contradicts the CCP’s ideology of brutality, hatred, and lies. As a result, the regime has been suppressing Falun Gong since July 1999, and many practitioners have been detained, imprisoned, and tortured for their belief. 

The practitioner also shared some stories of how people who supported innocent practitioners in the harsh persecution in China were blessed. “When you really need help and cannot find it, reciting this nine-word auspicious phrase ‘Falun Dafa is good’ (Fa Lun Da Fa hao) and ‘Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good’ (Zhen Shan Ren hao) will improve the situation,” the practitioner had said. “The nine-word phrase helps because the divine will look after us when we align ourselves with the universal principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.” 

When Mr. Liu returned home, he checked online for a Falun Gong group exercise site close by. “I had always had foot pain about two or three days per month, and doctors could not figure out why. It was so painful that I could not do anything. I figured that the Falun Gong exercises might help me,” he said. 

At Pacific Mall near his home, Mr. Liu found Falun Gong practitioners and he also took part in a nine-day seminar to watch the video lectures of Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong. That was January 2020. Shortly after that, his foot pain gradually disappeared. From the video lecture session, he also learned the importance of improving his heart and mind nature. 

As he recalled his ICU days, Mr. Liu said he somehow heard doctors talking while he was in a coma, “How come his situation is so bad?” he remembers hearing.

“In my mind, I was thinking, ‘Master Li, I have just begun to practice and I want to continue. I have to go through this. Could you help me?’” recalled Mr. Liu. 

Another time when he was reciting the nine-word auspicious phrase in his heart, he thought he heard a doctor saying, “After these tubes are removed, you can go home.” “It seemed Master was telling me this,” Mr. Liu said through tears, “I know it is Master who helped me get through this.”

After being moved to the general ward, Mr. Liu was told he could use a breathing tube if needed. “I felt weak, but I did not use the breathing tube. Instead, I focused on reciting ‘Fa Lun Da Fa hao, Zhen Shan Ren hao’,” recalled Mr. Liu. 

Impressed by his quick recovery, the doctor said, “We had planned to send you to another unit for recovery. But based on your situation, it’s no longer needed and you can go home now.”

After returning home, Mr. Liu began to do the Falun Gong exercises every day. 

Mr. Liu does the second set of Falun Gong exercise in his backyard.

Watching Shen Yun Performances

Mr. Liu also shared another interesting experience he had while in the ICU. When attending the nine-day video lecture session, he quit the CCP organizations he’d joined previously and purchased a ticket for the Shen Yun performance in Toronto on March 27, 2020. Due to the pandemic, however, it was rescheduled to March 2021. 

While in a coma, Mr. Liu had a vivid dream of watching Shen Yun.

“In the dream, I was still in the hospital and my wife came to visit me. 

“'You know, the Shen Yun performance is tomorrow. Could you pick me up and drive me there?' I asked.

“After she said yes, I said to the doctor, 'Can I take one day off [from the hospital stay] tomorrow since I need to watch Shen Yun?'

“'This is a cultural event and we also respect your freedom of belief. No problem,’ replied the doctor. 

“The following day, my wife picked me up and I changed clothes at home. We then went to Pacific Mall and picked up several more people who had purchased tickets already. 

“On the way to the theater, I was so excited that I even stuck both hands out of the sunroof and waved them around. After arriving at the theater, I realized I’d only bought a ticket for myself back then and my wife still needed a ticket. So I bought one for her and we went in together.

“Inside the theater, everyone was so happy and some were moved to tears by the performance. I remember the date was the 27th although I did not remember the month. In the dream, it seemed like I watched three or four Shen Yun performances in a row. I was extremely happy after each show. I also saw other people staying in the lobby, taking pictures and talking.” 

Beyond Scientific Explanation

Mr. Liu is very thankful for the founder of Falun Gong and the nine words that saved him. “I told my friends that I was able to watch several shows in the dream and Master saved me,” he added. He said he bought the ticket for March 2020, which was postponed to March 2021. He didn't expect to be hospitalized in February 2021, but he had such a strong wish to watch the show that Master let him watch it in a dream. 

Interestingly, right after returning home from the hospital, Mr. Liu called a sales representative about his Shen Yun ticket. “Then I was told that because of the pandemic, the show was rescheduled again,” he smiled. According to ShenYun.com, the tour in Toronto was rescheduled for April 1-10, 2022.

Mr. Liu noted that the series of events he experienced is difficult to explain with science. Nonetheless, his experiences have made him truly cherish the opportunity to practice Falun Gong. “I am also thankful to Master Li because he has eliminated so much karma for me and saved my life,” he said. 

Chinese version available

Category: Falun Dafa's Divine Power