(Minghui.org) Editor’s note: This year marks the 29th Anniversary of Falun Dafa’s introduction to the public. Hong Kong has always been a thorn in the CCP’s (Chinese Communist Party) side. Falun Dafa practitioners in Hong Kong have overcome hardships and difficulties for more than 20 years in order to tell people that Falun Dafa is good and about the CCP’s persecution.

Master Li said,

“Hong Kong is the front line for the evil Party, and it’s just outside its jaws now. When you expose the evil there, it is so full of hatred that its teeth ache down to the root [from gnashing]. It would be abnormal if [the CCP] didn’t do those evil things.” (Fa Teaching at the 2013 Greater New York Fa Conference)

Falun Dafa practitioners have remained on the front line and continue to clarify the truth despite the imposition of the National Security Law in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Youth Care Association (HKYCA), which interfered with and attacked practitioners for eight years, was disbanded at the end of last year. Fellow practitioners are grateful for Master’s compassionate protection and they understand that they should improve as a whole, continue to clarify the truth, and save sentient beings.

Recently, Hong Kong Dafa practitioners at various practice sites and truth-clarification sites shared their experience on various topics, including how to cultivate as diligently as they did when they first began practicing, and how to clarify the truth and save sentient beings more effectively, etc. These discussions are published for the benefit of the wider community of cultivators.

Precious Memories of Listening to Master in Person

I was fortunate to attend Master’s lecture in Huangting Stadium in Jinan, Shandong Province in the summer of 1994. The memories are still so vivid—as though it happened yesterday.

It was the hottest weather in Jinan and the venue had no air-conditioning. Master wore a plain white shirt. He spoke for two hours but did not use a fan. As we sat and listened, some students continuously fanned themselves. Master suggested that we put our fans down. When students stopped fanning themselves it really was like Master said—we felt a cool breeze and it was not so hot.

When Master installed the Falun for us, he asked us to close our eyes and hold out our hands. He asked what we felt. Some people said their palms felt hot, and others said they felt the Falun rotating. When Master talked about the celestial eye, my forehead at the celestial eye position felt itchy. Master said he was opening our celestial eyes for us.

When Master cleansed our bodies, he asked each of us to think of one health issue. I thought about my lower abdomen because I had gynecological problems. Master asked us to stamp our right foot. Master then raised his arm and his hand grabbed [in the air]. My heart seemed to be grabbed out at that moment. I thought it was amazing as Master was so far away from me. I was puzzled though, I didn’t know I had heart disease. I later understood that Master resolved a heart problem that I didn’t know I had. I was a school sports team member. Every morning we ran at 5:30 a.m. and the high-intensity training made my heart beat very fast.

Master is very tall and always smiles. He corrected our exercise movements. When Master saw my mother and I, he smiled and nodded. We felt that Master was encouraging us.

Master’s kind smile has always stayed with me. When the lecture was over many students rushed over to shake hands with Master. But I didn’t, and I felt very regretful afterwards.

Master said,

“I think that those who can listen to my lectures in person, I would say, honestly... you will realize in the future that this period of time is extremely precious. Of course, we believe in predestined relationships. Everyone sits here all because of a predestined relationship.” (Lecture One, Zhuan Falun)

I had a dream that night: I was surrounded by powerful energy when I practiced the fifth exercise, Strengthening Divine Powers. Master was wearing a yellow robe and his hair was blue and curly. It was very solemn. I asked Master if my energy was powerful. He held one hand vertically. I felt Master answer yes to my question.

I met some veteran practitioners the next morning when I went to practice the exercises in the park. They talked about the amazing things they experienced during Master’s lecture: One practitioner saw Falun rotating in the palm of his hand. An elderly lady had a tumor on her neck. Her son was a doctor and removed it, but it soon grew back. After she started practicing Falun Dafa the tumor disappeared in less than three months. My own gynecological problems disappeared. This is how Falun Dafa spread and more and more people began to practice.

After I returned to Shenzhen in late 1994 I became lazy in doing the exercises. One day when I took a nap after lunch, I heard the exercise music. When I looked outside, I saw more than twelve people practicing Falun Dafa in my back yard. I live in a large residential community, but practitioners happened to select my backyard to practice. I knew Master was encouraging me to not fall behind. In 1996, my mother and I set up a practice site in nearby East Lake Park. We practiced together every morning. Later that year I moved to Hong Kong.

Udumbara Flowers

I took my son to visit my mother in Shenzhen one day in 2009. We went to East Lake Park and my son spotted udumbara flowers growing under a bunch of green leaves. We were very happy as it reminded us of when we practiced there more than ten years before. It also encouraged us to cultivate diligently.

My mother was almost seventy years old. She could still do sit-ups on the parallel bars and use the exercise equipment that many young people had difficulty using. The people who saw her were very surprised. I proudly said, “This is my mother. She is very healthy after practicing Falun Dafa.” I then clarified the truth about Falun Dafa to the people there. My six-year-old son also sang, “Falun Dafa is good!” Everyone happily smiled as they listened.

When we went shopping at the supermarket my son kept singing, “Falun Dafa is good.” I had some fear and asked him not to sing so loudly. He then sang even louder and told me that the people loved to listen.

Before my son was born, I wondered if I should give birth in China or Hong Kong. That night I dreamed that my son came to me and said that anyplace was fine. When he was three or four years old, he saw Falun a few times and told me, “Mom, you are doing great. You are surrounded by Falun!”

When I took a taxi in Shenzhen the driver had a northeast accent. I said, “My Master is also from northeast China.” When the driver asked who my Master was I said, “He is the founder of Falun Dafa—Master Li Hongzhi.” The driver was surprised. He immediately said, “ Don’t tell anyone else this! It’s fine to tell me.” He told me that he already quit the Young Pioneers. (A CCP-affiliated organization.) I was happy that he was saved.

My Mother is Arrested

One day, I made breakfast and waited for my mother. She had gone out earlier that morning to distribute information about Falun Dafa. I received a call from the residential community office telling me that my mother was being held there. I knew she had been kidnapped while distributing materials. They told me that they already reported my mother to the police.

Looking at the delicious breakfast waiting on the table I thought, “Why do we practitioners give up a good life?” But, cultivation is very serious, and every tribulation is a test to see whether we can be genuine practitioners.

When I went downstairs with my son, I saw my mother being handcuffed and placed in the police vehicle. My son wept and said, “My grandma is being arrested by the bad police. I want my grandma back!”

My mother taught students all her life, and she has now ended up handcuffed and in a police car. I thought about thousands and thousands of Falun Dafa practitioners who had been arrested, and this was now happening to my family. I felt my heart was torn. I knew I would encounter tribulations in my cultivation, but when it really happened to me, I felt rattled.

As my mother got into the police car, she said to me firmly, “Take your son back to Hong Kong immediately. I will be fine!”

I decided to stay and help my mother. Later that day my mother was released.

Joining The Epoch Times

I had a dream in which I was very happily flying in the blue sky. A large white cloud became the Buddha’s face which covered the entire earth. Master was on the very top. I wanted to rush upwards towards Master but I couldn’t. Instead I had to fly downward towards earth. I knew that Master was enlightening me to be more diligent.

I joined the Epoch Times soon afterwards, in 2010. I work with fellow practitioners and assist Master in the Fa rectification. It’s just like a fellow practitioner said, “I am doing the happiest and most meaningful job in the world.”

My cultivation has been like riding a roller coaster—I’ve gone up to the top, and then down to the bottom—one level after another. No matter how challenging things become I know what I am doing. I will never again disappoint compassionate Master’s salvation. I want to tell Master, “Master, I want to be your genuine disciple.”

As the sun sets, my son and I are sitting together in the front seat of a double-decker bus going home. As the bus drives across the Tsing Ma Bridge, the lights on the bridge extend into the sky like clusters of stars. The mountains on both sides embrace and welcome us back—reminding us to return to our true homes as soon as possible!

(2021 Hong Kong Practice Sites Experience Sharing Article)

Chinese version available

Category: Experience Sharing Conferences