Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ningxia Man On Medical Parole Dies After Frequent Harassment

Dec. 8, 2021 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Ningxia Province, China


Chinese Name: 黄云龙Gender: MaleAge: 68City: ShizuishanProvince: NingxiaOccupation: Coal company employeeDate of Death: November 2021Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 10, 2018Most Recent Place of Detention: Shizuishan No.1 Detention Center

A Shizuishan City, Ningxia Province resident was constantly harassed and intimidated, after he was released on medical parole from serving a seven-year term for his faith in Falun Gong. Mr. Huang Yunlong, who struggled with two late-stage cancers, saw his health deteriorating due to fear and distress from the harassment. He passed away in November 2021. He was 68.

In the past 22 years, Mr. Huang, a retired employee of Jingyuan Coal Industry Company in Gansu Province, had been repeatedly targeted for his faith, after the Chinese communist regime ordered the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999.

Mr. Huang once went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. He was arrested and given two years of forced labor in Gansu Province. The labor camp guards beat him on a regular basis, often on his chest and back. Several of his ribs were broken as a result. After he was released, the police ransacked his home and extorted him several times. He was also arrested and detained a few more times.

To avoid the persecution, Mr. Huang moved to the Shizuishan City in Ningxia, only to be arrested during a police sweep on May 10, 2018.

Officers from the Dawukou District Domestic Security Office and local police came in seven police cars on the early morning of May 10. They surrounded Mr. Huang’s home and broke in. His Falun Gong books, informational materials, computer and printer were confiscated. The police took Mr. Huang to the Domestic Security Office later that day for interrogation, before transferring him to the Shizuishan City No.1 Detention Center.

At least 14 local Falun Gong practitioners were arrested and had their homes ransacked on the same day. Police kicked their doors open or used a drill to unlock it. The arrests were ordered by the Shizuishan Political and Legal Affairs Committee and 610 Office, two agencies tasked with overseeing the persecution.

Mr. Huang began to have blood in his urine and was unable to eat at the detention center. On the verge of death, he was taken to the hospital for a checkup and was found to have two late-stage cancers. Only then did the police agree to release him on bail.

The police continued to monitor Mr. Huang’s daily life and frequently harassed him after he was released in late July.

The Dawukou District Court informed Mr. Huang in early September 2018 that they had booked a hearing for his case. Fearing that Mr. Huang would reveal in court what he had learned from a detention center guard, who witnessed the filming of the Tiananmen self-immolation hoax against Falun Gong, the authorities held a closed-door hearing.

Mr. Huang was sentenced to seven years between November and December 2018. By then, he had become incapacitated and lost the ability to walk on his own. Due to his health condition, the judge granted him medical parole.

The police and residential committee staff members kept coming to harass and intimidate him. He lived in fear all the time. His condition kept getting worse and he passed away in November 2021.

Related report:

60-Year-Old Manchurian Released on Bail Near Death