(Minghui.org) I am a retired doctor and will be 71 years old this year. Before I learned about Falun Dafa, I had rheumatism, and all the joints in my body hurt. I could not bear the cold during winter and wore many layers of clothing all year round. I visited many doctors in China and tried various kinds of medicine, but my illness was never cured. I also developed some stomach problems, could barely eat, and became quite underweight. My stomach problems worsened with each hospital visit, and I was eventually diagnosed with erosive gastritis. I tried both Chinese and Western medicine, but the condition did not improve. In fact, the treatments seemed to worsen my situation.

I saw a flyer about Falun Dafa one day in September 1998 and decided to try it. I went to the nearest exercise site and was taught the exercises that day. The same person invited me to go to the group Fa study site and read the teachings. I did not understand the importance of Fa study then, and even though I agreed with what I read in the book, all I thought about was curing my illness. I continued taking my medication even after I started doing the exercises. Other practitioners reminded me that I did not need to take any medicine but I could not let the attachment go.

One of my colleagues, also a practitioner, informed me in late 1998 that her emphysema was completely cured without taking any pills after she began practicing Falun Dafa. Hearing this affected me very deeply. I told my husband that I wouldn't take any more medicine. When I went to bed that night, I felt a warm current running through my body from head to toe, and I did not feel cold the next morning. I later realized that this sensation was caused by Master Li purifying my body.

At that time, my father came to stay with us for a period of time. He saw how sick I was and said he wouldn’t stay long because of my health issues. But one week later, he witnessed a big improvement in my health. The illness that had been with me for a decade was cured and I could work and do all the household chores again.

After following the principles of the Fa, I have gained a healthy body and a better character. I now understand the meaning of life.

Not long after this, the persecution of Falun Dafa began in 1999 and we could no longer study the Fa or do the exercises in a group. Many people thought that the government had been misinformed about Falun Dafa so many of us wanted to go to Beijing and clarify the truth to the government officials.

I went to Beijing five times to validate Dafa between December 1999 and late 2001. I was arrested and tortured numerous times by the police. I was handcuffed to heating pipes for ten days and prevented from sleeping, stripped of my clothes in the winter and had cold water poured on me, forced to squat for a long period of time, and other unspeakable things. I nevertheless refused to give up my faith. With Master’s protection, each time I walked out of prison, I did so with righteous thoughts. Even though I suffered some pain, Master also purified my body and helped me pass a kidney stone.

In April 2001, I talked about going to Beijing again to validate Dafa. My husband is a top executive in his company and forbade me from going due to pressure from his manager. I found an opportunity to go and left a letter for him that said, “Dafa has presented me with a new life. Today, Dafa is being slandered and I am going to tell the government officials the facts about Dafa. My parents would be proud of me, and you should be proud to have a wife like me as well.”

I am normally not good with words, but I was surprised that I could write a brief letter with so much sincerity. He told me that he teared up when he read my letter. I knew my steadfastness in Dafa had moved him, and that he was proud of me.

After being arrested in Beijing and handed over to my employer, I was locked in the basement of the local Public Safety Bureau and handcuffed to the heating pipes for ten consecutive days. On the seventh day, I felt pain in my abdomen and asked to use the restroom. Some brown, sand-like substance was expelled from my body. I had kidney stones before I began practicing Falun Dafa, and the medical treatments hadn’t helped me at all. The stones had pained me for a long time—until I started cultivation. Now, it was leaving my body. I was so thrilled because I knew that Master was purifying my body once again.

I was released ten days later, and went back to work the next day.

I felt pain in my abdomen on my third day at work. I said to myself, “I know this is not an illness. Let me bear this pain because I cannot always have Master bear it for me.”

I grabbed a metal bowl and took it to the restroom. As I urinated, a pea-sized rock fell into the metal bowl. I was in tears but didn’t feel any pain. I washed the stone and and showed it to my supervisor.

I said, “Look at the size of this rock. I didn’t feel any pain when it came out of my body. Falun Gong is so amazing. Why won’t you let us practice?”

He replied, “I can’t do anything about it. You can practice on your own at home.”

My husband and I work in the same company. Because I practice Falun Dafa, he has to deal with a lot of pressure. He approves of Dafa because he saw the amazing changes in me, he knows that all Dafa practitioners are good people, and he opposes the persecution.

After talking further with him about Falun Dafa and showing him more information, he began to understand my actions more clearly and even started to help me with my Dafa projects.

One day, a truck crashed head-on into my husband’s car. He crawled out of the car from underneath the steering wheel. He was only slightly injured, and bled a little, but the car was totaled. The attending police officers and the truck driver could not believe what they saw. We know that Master Li protected him.

Our whole family thanks Master for saving us.