(Minghui.org) While Ms. Zhao Guizhi, in her 70s, was still recovering from leg injuries after a car accident, the Fushun City, Liaoning Province, resident was forced to live away from home to avoid being persecuted for her faith in Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been targeted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

This is the second time since August 2020 that Ms. Zhao has been forced to live away from home to avoid being persecuted.

Ms. Zhao was arrested on August 24, 2020, while visiting another Falun Gong practitioner, Ms. Chen Yan. The police had arrested Ms. Chen’s daughter, Ms. Cao Yueling, earlier that day at Taoxian Airport in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. They then went to ransack Ms. Chen’s home in Fushun City. Ms. Zhao went to Ms. Chen’s home without knowing what had happened and was arrested.

Although Ms. Zhao was released that evening, the police kept returning to harass her. One day, four officers went to harass her shortly after she stepped out the door. They forced her to go back inside and let them in to search. They found no Falun Gong materials but still took her to the police station to interrogate her and collect a sample of her blood.

Ms. Zhao later went to Shanghai (about 1,100 miles from Fushun) to help her son take care of her grandson. The police chased her to Shanghai and attempted to force her son’s landlord to evict the family.

After Ms. Zhao returned to Fushun, the police stayed outside her apartment to monitor her, forcing her to live away from home to hide from the police. The police twice broke into her home in September 2021 to look for her.

While she was living elsewhere, Ms. Zhao was hit by a car and couldn’t move her legs. She stayed at her sister’s place and was able to move around after being bedridden for less than three weeks.

After the police found out where she was, they arrested Ms. Zhao at her sister’s home on the evening of November 8, 2021. They took her to the Nangou Detention Center, but the guards refused to admit her, due to her dangerously high blood pressure. The police then took her to the hospital, but her blood pressure remained at the same level. They ordered her to stay in the hospital and be treated, but Ms. Zhao refused to comply.

The police took her back to her sister’s place on the morning of November 9 and ordered her sister to monitor her.

Ms. Zhao was forced to live away from home again to avoid further persecution.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Jiang Qunda (姜群大), secretary of Fushun City Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-13704934966
Peng Yue (彭越), head of Fushun City Domestic Security Office: +86-13841334590Wei Zhenxing (魏振兴), officer, Fushun City Domestic Security Office: +86-13841301212

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)