(Minghui.org) A Falun Gong practitioner arrested in May 2020 for raising awareness about her faith recently had her case dismissed by the procuratorate. This was the second case against Falun Gong practitioners in Liaoning Province that had been dropped in the past two months. The other case concerned Mr. Li Caiyu, a resident in Dandong City, whose case was dismissed in July 2020.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Liu Aijun, a 63-year-old resident in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, was arrested on May 10, 2020 after being followed by the police for talking to people about Falun Gong. The police ransacked her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books and other items. Ms. Liu was released on bail later that evening. 

Ms. Liu was summoned to the Taihe District Procuratorate on July 23 and told that they were intending to indict her. 

One week later, Ms. Liu was informed that her case had been transferred to the Linghai City Procuratorate, which has become the designated procuratorate since late July to handle all Falun Gong related cases in Jinzhou area. 

Ms. Liu met two prosecutors from the Linghai City Procuratorate on August 3. The prosecutors attempted to persuade her into writing a statement to renounce Falun Gong in exchange for her release. They also threatened her that she might be given three years if she refused to comply. Her child, who went with her to the procuratorate, also pressured her. Ms. Liu maintained that she didn’t do anything wrong in upholding her faith and refused to write the statement. 

The Linghai City Procuratorate issued a notice to dismiss her case on August 12 and returned her case to the police. 

On August 21, the Taihe District Police Department dropped the case against Ms. Liu. But the officers at Nuerhe Police Station in the district still attempted to put Ms. Liu on administrative detention and refused to deliver the case dismissal notice to her. 

Five days later, the Nuerhe Police Station also decided not to detain Ms. Liu and completely closed her case.

During the past three months, Ms. Liu’s family lived under tremendous pressure and distress, especially her husband, who became blind and had his esophagus removed after an accident at work in 1995 and has been relying on Ms. Liu to take care of him.