(Minghui.org) After living away from home for ten years to avoid being persecuted for his faith in Falun Gong, a 54-year-old Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province resident was arrested and quickly sentenced to ten years. 

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Yin Guozhi’s sentencing happened around the same time that his wife died, after suffering years of persecution for their shared faith.

The couple’s ordeal started when a group of officers came to arrest them on July 28, 2009. While Mr. Yin escaped and was forced to live away from home, his wife, Ms. Fu Jinghua, was arrested and later sentenced to seven years. Their elderly parents were left at home, struggling to care for themselves and their grandson. 

The police put Mr. Yin on the wanted list and offered a 50,000-yuan reward for people to report his whereabouts. They also harassed many other local practitioners in attempts to look for Mr. Yin, resulting in the arrests of several practitioners. A construction site was forced to close after the police suspected that Mr. Yin was working there. 

Distressed about the couple’s persecution and police’s constant harassment, Ms. Fu’s mother passed away in 2013. Mr. Yin’s mother died one year later after suffering from a heart condition and high blood pressure. 

Three years after Ms. Fu was released from prison in 2015, the police arrested her again on December 13, 2018. Her bedridden father-in-law passed away shortly after she was released after 15 days of detention.

The police harassed Ms. Fu twice more before July 2019 and threatened to sentence her to 16 years for upholding her faith. Fearing further persecution, Ms. Fu had to live away from home. 

After spending ten years on the run, Mr. Yin was arrested on September 26, 2019, after his rental apartment caught fire and the police came to check the situation. He was detained at the Jianping County Detention Center and was beaten by the detainees. 

The Jianping County Procuratorate and Jianping County Court secretly sentenced him to ten years. They didn’t inform his family of his case status, until he was sent to the Jinzhou Prison. Details of his sentencing remain unknown to his family at the time of writing. 

Ms. Fu, who fell ill shortly after leaving home, passed away in her rental apartment on December 31, 2019. She was 53.

Related reports:

Liaoning Woman Dies after Seven Years of Imprisonment and Repeated Harassment

Family Ordeal Due to the Persecution of Falun Gong