(Minghui.org) A 77-year-old woman in Anshun City, Guizhou Province, was traumatized after being sentenced to three years in prison in 2013 for her faith in Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Wang Yuqing used to suffer from chronic ailments such as colitis and gastritis. However, she regained her health after practicing Falun Gong. Since the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999, she has been persecuted repeatedly, leaving her traumatized—her body would shiver and her hands tremble whenever she encountered any problems.

Below is a brief account of her suffering.

On New Year Eve of 2001, Ms. Wang sent a few letters containing information that exposed the lies of the Tiananmen Square self-Immolation hoax to people, including her own sister, in her hometown.

On March 12, 2001, Ms. Wang was home caring for her 4-year-old granddaughter when a group of police officers barged in and started ransacking her home. Her grandchild burst into tears. The officers took away some Falun Gong books and Falun Gong materials.

Ms. Wang was taken to the Anshun Detention Center. She refused to answer when being asked the source of her materials. To pressure her to renounce Falun Gong, the police found her son and husband and asked them to kneel in front of her. When she refused, they took her to the Heishitou No.1 Detention Center. She was released 16 days later and her family paid a bail of 3,000 yuan. Ms. Wang later learned that the letter which she wrote to her sister was intercepted by the police, resulting in her arrest.

After Ms. Wang was detained, her employer suspended her pay for a few months; she was given a 200 yuan allowance instead. Although her workplace resumed paying her upon her release, her benefits were suspended for the next seven years, until Ms. Wang talked to the union director in her factory in October 2008.

During this period, the authorities monitored her phone and her movements were also restricted.

Ms. Wang was arrested again in April 2012 for talking to some students outside of the local middle school about Falun Gong.

When she refused to answer the police’s questions, they forced her to sit in the tiger bench with her hands handcuffed. She was later transferred to the Domestic Security Office to be interrogated further when she refused to cooperate. Ms. Wang continued to remain silent.

Ms. Wang was released after her son learned of her arrest and asked an acquaintance with connections to the police to help secure her release.

In June 2012, Ms. Wang accompanied her husband back to her hometown to visit an ailing relative. The police called her and told her to return home. She refused. After she returned home in February 2013, the police told her son to ask her to visit the police station. When she did, the police arrested her. She was later sentenced to three years in prison.

Ms. Wang was sent to the No. 4 Division in Guizhou No. 1 Women's Prison on March 9, 2014. The division had about 40 to 50 people; Falun Gong practitioners who refused to give up their faith were placed in a small room.

Ms. Wang was monitored by several inmates. Despite her age of 73, the inmates often tortured her, causing her to become terrified and start trembling. She had to obtain permission from the inmates before using the restroom or taking a shower. She was also forced to read materials slandering Falun Gong and write down her thoughts that must meet the prison's requirements. Otherwise, she would be tortured and deprived of sleep.

Once, Ms. Wang was washing her face when an inmate told her to place her washbasin at another place in the restroom. As there were too many people, Ms. Wang was unable to put her basin there. Thus, she moved the basin's location. When the inmate saw this, she took Ms. Wang's basin and threw it to the ground, smashing it into pieces.