(Minghui.org) A Tonghua City, Jilin Province resident was walking on the street around 1 p.m. on February 27, 2020 when she was stopped by a man on a bicycle. Another man stood behind her.

The two men held Ms. Zhang Qiaolei on the ground, snatched her purse, and then took her to Kuaida Police Station with her arms held behind her back. Her right thumb and arm were injured during her arrest.

At the police station, several officers interrogated the 49-year-old and attempted to force her to admit to having distributed informational materials about Falun Gong, a spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Zhang refused to comply. The police said to her, “It has been so hard for us to remove the adhesive posters you Falun Gong people put up. Since we haven’t found out who put them up, we will just blame everything on you, if you don’t cooperate with us.”

While one group of officers were interrogating Ms. Zhang, two dozen other officers ransacked her home with the keys taken from her.

Ms. Zhang’s daughter, a college student who was at home alone, was terrified by the raid. The officers searched their place for more than three hours and confiscated Ms. Zhang’s Falun Gong books, computer, and more than 3,000 yuan in cash.

Around 8 a.m. the next day, the Tonghua County Police Department dispatched officers in eight police cars, who brought Ms. Zhang in handcuffs to a busy shopping street.

The officers attempted to force Ms. Zhang to admit that she had put up or distributed Falun Gong materials at several locations on the street. When she refused to comply, the officers videotaped her in one location, and then blamed her for having put up materials there.

Ms. Zhang tried to escape from being videotaped, but the officers surrounded her with cameras. As many people came over to watch the commotion, Ms. Zhang shouted to the crowd, “Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance is good!” The police soon took her away.

Around 9 a.m., the police brought Ms. Zhang to her home, along with the items confiscated from her. They put the items back into the place one by one and videotaped her standing with each item.

Ms. Zhang was taken back to the police station around 11 a.m. and released at 1 p.m. after paying a 3,000-yuan bail bond.