(Minghui.org) A 73-year-old woman is facing trial for her faith in Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Jiang He, a resident of Guiyang City, Guizhou Province, was arrested in late September 2019 for passing out informational materials about Falun Gong. She has been held at the Sanjiang Detention Center since.

Prior to her latest arrest, Ms. Jiang was arrested one more time earlier the same month, on September 9. The police confiscated her Falun Gong books and related materials, before releasing her late that evening.

After Ms. Jiang’s second arrest in a month, the police submitted her case to the Nanming District Procuratorate on October 25, 2019, which indicted her and submitted her case to the Nanming District Court on January 27, 2020.

Past Persecution

Ms. Jiang worked for an appliance company before she retired. In the past 21 years, she was arrested and harassed multiple times, as well as held in several brainwashing sessions and imprisoned for four years for raising awareness about the persecution of Falun Gong. 

Ms. Jiang was first arrested in July 2001 for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong and later sentenced to four years.

While serving time at Guizhou No. 1 Women’s Prison, the guards forced her to carry a 90-lb. rock on her back every day for several months. She stood with the rock all day long and wasn’t allowed to sit down for a break.

In 2007, when the communist government was rolling out its next-generation ID system, the police refused to issue a new ID to Ms. Jiang, to prevent her from going out.

Later in 2007 and another time in May 2014, the police harassed Ms. Jiang at home and attempted to take her fingerprints and blood sample. She refused to comply.

After Ms. Jiang filed a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin in 2015, the then head of the communist regime who ordered the persecution of Falun Gong, the police harassed her on October 30, 2015 and ransacked her place. The officers also brought her to the police station for interrogation. She didn’t answer their questions.

Ms. Jiang was arrested again on September 2, 2016 and had her home ransacked. After a forced medical examination, she was sent to Lanniugou Brainwashing Center and held there for two months.

When Ms. Jiang took the train to visit her son in early April 2017, she was stopped by security personnel at the train station. They checked her ID and ticket before letting her go.

The police harassed Ms. Jiang two more times in July and September 2017.