(Minghui.org) My view of the world changed significantly after I started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, and my family and I have changed physically and mentally. We are eternally grateful to Master Li Hongzhi and Falun Dafa.

Dafa practitioners have been persecuted in China since July 20, 1999. Fabricated news, defaming and slandering Dafa and Master, was shown on TV around the clock. I often wept to see it. I didn’t know what I should do to stop this persecution.

Our group Fa study and practice site ceased to exist. I was very sad and made up my mind to go to the practice site to do the exercises by myself. I was on shift work at the time, so whether it was noon, early morning, or late afternoon, I’d go there to do the exercises.

People went to the police station and the local community management committee to report me. They tried to give my description. Someone said that I was an elderly lady, while another person said that I was young. When the police and community personnel went to the practice site to arrest me, they couldn’t find me and had to give up. After I had been practicing on my own for a couple of months, other practitioners slowly began to join me.

We went to Tiananmen Square to do the exercises on February 5, 2000. Before we finished, a plainclothes officer came over and asked me if I practiced Falun Dafa. I told him that I did, and he took us to a police car. I thought to myself, “I came to validate the Fa. I have no fear.”

We were taken to the local police bureau at a little past 10:00 p.m. As soon as I got out of the car, a police officer started shouting at me. He said, “It’s the Chinese New Year. Why didn’t you stay at home to celebrate? Why come to Beijing? You messed up our holidays.”

Then he asked us why we went to Tiananmen Square and what we were doing there. “We are all good people,” I replied. “It is not right that the government is trying to force everyone to stop practicing. We demand that the government restore the reputation of Dafa and that of our Master.”

The officer smiled as he poured water into a cup and said, “You've had a busy day. You must be tired. Please have a drink.” I was very moved.

I was taken to a detention center later. When I was told to sign paperwork. I wrote, “Falun Dafa can restore and improve good health. It brings tons of benefits to the country and its people – without harming anyone.”

The next day, I was taken to an interrogation room equipped with torture instruments. I was petrified and began to recite “On Dafa.” No matter what the guard said, I refused to reply. He seemed to be in a panic and soon said, “You can leave.”

He interrogated me again a few days later. This time we were in a different room, which was much brighter. There was another person there holding handcuffs. He demanded to know if I had asked the two other practitioners to go to Tiananmen Square. I told him that I did.

He wanted to know who told me to go there. I told him that I decided to go there on my own, but he didn’t believe me.

I thought to myself, “I am a god. I’m not afraid of you.” I then kept quiet. After a while, he told me to go back to my cell.

He interrogated me again a few days later and asked the same questions. I didn’t say anything. My only thought that I was a god. Soon enough, he had me returned to my cell. This went on a few more times until I was released.

After I returned home, people from the local community management committee arranged for people to come to my home to “transform” me. Officers from the police station also came to harass me on a daily basis. Even though it was very late at night, there was still someone knocking on my door.

People were also watching me from outside of my building. They followed me wherever I went. When they couldn’t keep up with me, I shouted at them to hurry up. Within a few days, they stopped following me.

The local community management committee then sent a married couple to monitor me. When I tried to tell them the truth about Falun Dafa they refused to listen. I recalled that they had been following me for as long as eight months. When I went to a supermarket grocery shopping, I said to Master in my heart, “Master, I don’t want them to follow me.” When I turned around, they had vanished.

Only when I was heading home did the husband find me. He was very upset and said, “You didn’t tell us where you were going, so I lost you.” I said, “I’m a woman and you are a man. Why do you always follow me? What do you want?” After that, they stopped following me.

One time, people from the local management committee told me to come and see them. When the director saw me, he said, “Everybody please come and look at who's here.” A dozen police officers came and stood watching me.

I said, “I practice Falun Dafa and try to be a good person. I didn’t commit a crime. Falun Dafa only benefits our country and its people. When your supervisors passed on the task to persecute us, they didn’t dare to put down anything on paper. They knew deep down that what they did was against the law. It's clearly stipulated in our Constitution that citizens have freedom of belief. Whoever participates in this persecution will eventually be held accountable for what they've done.”

I then turned around and headed home. The officers were still standing there dumbfounded, as if they were fixed to the ground.

The police station chief called me in. When I got there, I said, “Falun Dafa practitioners are all good people. You shouldn’t persecute us. We are friends. I hope you will not make any mistakes. You probably think this is your job and you have no choice, but whatever post you hold, you can be a good person and use your power to protect Dafa practitioners. If you do, in the future you will not be held accountable for the persecution and will have good fortune.”

The chief said, “You are all good people. It’s the government trying to force you to stand on the other side and be against Dafa. You can go home now.”

I later heard that they had planned to arrest me, but after having learned the truth, they didn't. The chief later got promoted.