(Minghui.org) The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched its persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. I went to the square in front of city hall on the morning of July 23, 1999 to practice the Falun Dafa (also known as Falun Gong) exercises. As I was meditating, I suddenly heard loud voices and many footsteps. I did not open my eyes. I stayed calm and continued meditating.

After finishing the meditation, I opened my eyes and was amazed to see 100s of Dafa practitioners standing behind us. I stood up thinking that I had to stand with them because I too was a Falun Dafa practitioner. I saw that people were jammed into the back lines so I stood right in the middle of the front row.

About 200 police officers arrived and formed a phalanx to confront us. I was approximately a meter away from the officers in the first row, almost face to face with them. I was a person who usually blushes when I talk to people. I asked myself over and over again, “Do you want to lose everything you have for holding on to Falun Dafa?” Both my parents were high-ranking government officials, and I was a middle manager in my organization. I decided that I would stick to the universal truths of “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance” no matter what.

Just then, the officer in charge gave an order and the police rushed into our group and started arresting people. One officer rushed up to me and grabbed my left arm with both hands. I instinctively swung my arm and saw the officer stumble several steps away. I looked at him in surprise, thinking to myself, “Why did he move so far?”

Another office immediately twisted my right arm and I automatically shook that arm. The officer stumbled and staggered away just like the previous one had. I felt even more surprised. My arms were then twisted by two police officers, one on each side. Again, I instinctively shook my arms and both officers stumbled. I didn’t realize that I had obtained a supernormal ability by practicing Falun Dafa.

While I was still confused about what was happening, police officers moved in, roughly picked me up, and headed toward one of the police buses.

A couple of police officers wrestled me to the front of the bus. At the door, I stomped on the step and just refused to get on the bus. The officers on my left and right side tried to push me into the bus, but I didn’t budge. Two officers on the bus grabbed one of my wrists and tried to drag me onto the bus. Still, I didn’t move. Finally, a few more officers came, and I felt many hands on my back, pushing me desperately towards the bus, but they couldn’t move me at all. During the standoff, I looked back and saw more officers running toward me.

Once the bus was full, the police ordered the driver to get going. The officers were phoning to get instructions. I heard the person on the other end say, “There is no room in the detention center and no room in the school…” The bus kept driving farther and farther from the city center. We arrived at a place where there were only fields and no buildings. The police told us to get off the bus and wait there, and then drove off in the empty bus.

I realized that the police had dumped us here because there was no place to detain us. We walked a long way until we found a bus stop and took the bus home.

I went to work on time that day as if nothing had happened, but my whole body was burning and aching. In my office I jerked my sleeve up and looked at my arm. It was bruised black and blue, with the outline of handprints visible on some parts of my skin.

It took about three weeks for the bruises to disappear. One day, after taking a shower at home, as I passed the mirror I noticed a black and gray patch on my back. I twisted to get a closer look and found two black bruises symmetrically on my left and right shoulder blades. I realized that the police were ruthless in their treatment of us.

There was a tall, slim, elegant woman in the back of the line that day, who was in her 60s. After the incident, she told me, “I felt that I couldn't do anything so I just kept meditating.” She sat in meditation, not moving. Several police officers tried to drag her and carry her, but they could not move her. They finally gave up and left. When she no longer heard any noise and everything was quiet, she opened her eyes and saw that the square was empty. She got up and went home.

Before practicing Falun Dafa, I was a weak female who couldn't carry heavy objects, and I would faint if I stayed in strong sunlight for too long. But in that test of our faith, I and many practitioners witnessed the power of Falun Dafa.