(Minghui.org) Police officers knocked on Ms. Miao Cui’s door on November 9, 2020. The 63-year-old woman, who was still struggling with the aftereffects of a stroke she suffered seven years before, slowly made her way to open her front door and saw the officers outside.

The officers appeared shocked to see the burns on her legs. Ms. Miao, a resident in Yueyang City, Hunan Province, had accidentally burned herself on September 30, 2020, when her hands were so weak and shook so much that she poured a kettle of boiling water on her legs instead of into a thermos. When she took off her pants, a large area of her skin that stuck to her pants also came off, so she had to wear shorts after that. The sores on her legs still oozed and bled occasionally a month later.

With her security door still closed, several officers shouted at her to let them in. She refused to. One officer threatened to take her photo and another told her to sign a statement to renounce her faith in Falun Gong.

Ms. Miao told them the basic facts about Falun Gong and asked them not to harass her anymore. Since the Chinese communist regime started to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, she has been arrested several times for upholding her faith. She was sentenced to prison twice, once for three years and again for six years. She almost died several times from torture.

The officers eventually left.

Past Persecution

Ms. Miao was first arrested in December 1999 for going to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was sentenced to three years in July 2000 and taken to Hunan Women’s Prison.

She was released on March 25, 2003, only to be arrested again on June 20, 2003, for distributing materials about Falun Gong. One officer held her neck and hit her head against the wall. She collapsed and fell into a coma. Her health quickly declined. She often went into shock and had blood in her urine.

Days later, the Miluo County Court tried her in the detention center and sentenced her to six years, even though she was still in bed with an IV and on oxygen. After being held at the detention center for a few more months, she was taken to Hunan Women’s Prison on January 16, 2004.

In an attempt to force her to write a statement to renounce Falun Gong, guard Li Jun stepped on Ms. Miao and tied her hands up behind her back at 9 p.m. on May 27, 2007. She was in such excruciating pain that she sweated heavily, lost control of her bowels, and started bleeding from her vagina. The guards loosened the rope, dragged her to the bathroom so she could wash, and hung her up again. She was tortured repeatedly until 4 a.m. the next day.

A month later she again started bleeding from her vagina. After the doctor found out that she was in the late stage of uterine cancer and had a maximum of three months to live, the prison quickly released her on medical parole and sent her home on January 19, 2008.

The authorities still frequently harassed Ms. Miao afterward. On December 2, 2008, three officers from the Hunan Women's Prison ordered her to have a check-up. When the results came back the same as before, they gave up trying to take her back to prison.

While Ms. Miao survived the cancer after she resumed practicing Falun Gong, she suffered a stroke in 2013 and lost most of her mobility and speech. She said it was her faith in Falun Gong that gave her the strength to live on and she felt it was already a miracle that she had survived at all.

Related reports:

Three Female Falun Gong Practitioners in Hunan Province Subjected to Severe Torture Prior to Sentencing

The Brutal and Torturous Ordeals That Ms. Miu Cui Has Endured