(Minghui.org) When I first watched a video recording of Master Li's lecture, I distinctly felt a current of warmth that flowed from the top of my head down to the bottom of my feet on three separate occasions.

That was in January of 2005, when I was 67. I had just begun to take up Falun Dafa. After experiencing that sensation three times, I felt very comfortable, and all the pains in my body disappeared. Since then, I have not had any more illnesses.

But in addition to that, I have experienced a variety of amazing things over these past 15 years––including surviving two serious car accidents in 2017. I believe that this would have been impossible if I were not a Falun Dafa practitioner.

Distributing Truth-clarifying Materials Without Fear

My cultivation journey began at the six-year mark of the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Dafa. As a new practitioner, I didn't know how bad the persecution was, so I wasn't scared when I distributed truth-clarifying materials.

I once saw that no one was distributing truth-clarifying materials at a local market, so I decided to do it. Then, I also went to local malls and many other locations.

One day when I was distributing truth-clarifying pamphlets, someone asked if I had an amulet, which was something I'd never heard of. Nonetheless, I told him that I would bring him one tomorrow.

Later, a practitioner explained to me what an amulet was and gave a couple to me. But when she heard that I would meet that person tomorrow, she suddenly became angry.

“It is dangerous. If you do that, you will be arrested for sure,” she said.

“I don't think so. People there are willing to accept truth-clarifying materials,” I replied.

“For your own safety, you shouldn't go. How about we wait a couple of days? You can give him the amulet after you have confirmed that there are no plainclothes police around.”

However, I didn't think I would be in danger at all and I wanted to keep my promise. I went to the market anyway. Nothing happened to me.

Even though that was the case, I thought that the practitioner's concern made sense. In a similar situation, I was almost sent to the police station.

I was at a shopping mall to distribute truth-clarifying calendars floor by floor. When I was on the third floor, I greeted a man, handed him a calendar, and wished him a happy New Year. He thanked me and left.

However, just as I finished handing out the calendars, the man came back, clearly agitated.

“Are you a Falun Dafa practitioner?”

“Yes. What's wrong?”

He grabbed my arm, “Come with me to the police station.”

A bunch of people who had just received calendars from me gathered around. I prayed in my mind, “Master, please do not let them return their calendars.”

Suddenly, another man came up to us and said to the man holding my arm, “Forget it, let's go.” They probably came together. The situation de-escalated after they both left.

Surviving a Car Accident

In 2007, I began to make Falun Dafa materials along with another practitioner; we produced booklets, as well as other materials. We had done the three things together for 10 years without any security issues.

However, because I didn't understand cultivation that well, I just kept on doing things without improving my xinxing and still thought that I was doing a good job. But my actions were the same as those of regular people. The old forces saw these weaknesses and made use of them by creating many ordeals for me. Here, I'd like to share two of them.

Once when I was crossing an intersection on a bicycle, a sedan turning right sped into the rear end of my bicycle, knocking me onto the car hood and then throwing me onto the ground. My whole body was in great pain and I couldn't move at all.

The driver was a woman in her 30s. She got out of the car and started to curse at me, telling me to stop playing dead. I prayed to Master to give me some strength to talk.

“Don't yell at me, I can't even sit up,” I squeaked, as soon as I could speak. “If you can help me up to the side, you can go. I won't ask you for a penny. I am a Falun Dafa practitioner, I will be fine.”

She helped me to the side of the road, brought my bicycle to my side, and said, “I have to pick up someone from the train station.” I waved my hand, indicating that she could leave. She left immediately.

I used all my strength to stand up. My whole body was hurting so badly that I couldn't help but cry out. I prayed to Master Li (Falun Dafa's founder) to give me some strength so that I could go back home.

On my way back, I kept on reciting Master's poem Tempering Your Will from HongYin:

To consummate, obtaining Buddha’s fruitLet hardship then be treated as your joyTo work the body—hardship it is notThe hardest is to cultivate the heartThrough barriers and barriers you must breakAnd here and there, the demons everywhereA hundred kinds of hardships fall at onceTo see if you are able to surviveWith all the hardship in the world you bearTranscend the world, a Buddha you will be

Eventually, I managed to get back home. Over the course of the entire week, I couldn't move at all; I couldn't even drink water. Whenever I drank something, I would start to vomit. At times, I couldn't bear the pain and told myself, “If I'm old enough to leave, I shall leave. But I have to finish assembling the rest of the Dafa booklets.” I managed to get up and walk to the fellow practitioner's house.

When the fellow practitioner saw me, she asked, “What happened?” I told her about the car accident briefly. Then, she gave me a cup of tea and insisted that I drink it. I couldn't refuse. Surprisingly, I finished the tea and didn't vomit at all. Then, we started to work on the booklets.

Before I knew it, it was noon and time to go back home. I was able to ride my bicycle and made it home without any problems! It would have been impossible without Master Li's help and mercy.

Since then, I started to study the Fa and do all five exercises every day. Twenty days later, I was fully recovered.

The Second Accident

One day in October 2007, on my way back home, I was hit by a motorcycle. I felt as if someone had picked up my upper body while someone else had picked up my legs, and threw me onto the ground, hard. My back was badly injured; I couldn't move at all even though I prayed to Master Li.

At the time, it was dark and I saw no one else on the road. Suddenly, two people came out of a store nearby to help me. They helped me stand up and said they would find a car to give me a ride. I thanked them. I told them that my home was close and I could make it back by myself.

I believed that those two people were sent by Master because it was dark, the shops were closed, and no one saw me get hit by the motorcycle.

I used all my strength to get back home. When I sat on my bed, I had trouble breathing. I kept on reciting Master's words “It’s hard to endure, but you can endure it. It’s hard to do, but you can do it.” (Teaching the Fa and Answering Questions in Yanji from Zhuan Falun Fajie) for almost half an hour. Finally, I was able to breathe normally. But, after I settled down, I could no longer move.

My legs and feet were extremely cold, as if they had been soaking in cold water. I tried to touch them but I couldn't. It felt as if all the blood in my body was frozen and unmoving. Every inch of my body was in great pain.

Usually, I got up to do the exercises at 3:15 A.M. That morning, when it was close to 3:00 A.M., I felt a force that made me get up. I tried to move my body out of bed little by little. It hurt to the point where I was sweating like I just came out of the water after a dive. But I didn't give up and kept on reciting Master's poem:

A Great Enlightened One fears no hardshipHaving forged an adamantine willFree of attachment to living or dyingHe walks the path of Fa-rectificationconfident and poised (Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions from Hong Yin Volume II)

Finally I managed to sit up. I looked at my watch and saw that an hour and twenty minutes had passed.

I continued to do the exercises as usual at 3:15 in the morning and got better and better as the days passed by.

Miracles Have Happened To Me

Many miracles have happened to me along my cultivation journey. Here, I'd like to share two of them.

One happened on my way to the court to support a fellow practitioner at a trial. I was riding my bicycle through the middle of an intersection when I saw a truck heading towards me at high speed. For some reason, I was not afraid at all. The only thought in my mind right then was a question about what was wrong with the truck.

Suddenly, my bicycle turned 90 degrees by itself and avoided the truck.

The driver stopped in the middle of the road. When he got out of the car, he stood there, shell-shocked. His face was pale and it was clear that he was panicking. At that moment, I realized how dangerous the situation was. If it weren't for Master who turned my bicycle, I would have been sent flying through the air. It was Master who saved my life once again.

Another incident happened with a fan I bought two years ago. It was a small unbranded fan from a grocery store for 50 yuan. After summer had ended, I wrapped it up and stored it in my basement.

This summer when I went back to retrieve and unwrap it, I couldn't believe what I saw: the fan had turned into a brand new, beautiful table fan. There was an image on it that looked like a srivatsa symbol, a sacred symbol that represented the Buddha. I thought that maybe one of my family members had replaced the old one with this one, but they all denied having done so.