(Minghui.org) Mr. Wu Jianming, who lives in the Yuexiu District of Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, was arrested at work by officers from the Guangta Police Station, Yuexiu District, on the afternoon of November 7, 2018. His home was ransacked. He was subsequently taken to the Yuexiu District Detention Center. His family has not yet received the detention notice, and do not know the reason for his latest arrest.

Mr. Wu has been arrested on several occasions since the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999, and has spent a total of close to six years in detention centers, labor camps, and prisons.

At least six practitioners in Guangzhou City were arrested or harassed at their homes after Mr. Wu was arrested on November 7.


Mr. Wu Jianming, approximately 60 years old, is from Chenzhou City, Hunan Province. After graduating from high school, he went to work in the Chenzhou City No. 1 Apparel Factory. He then started running his own clothing processing shop. He suffered from bleeding of the stomach in 1995 and almost died of the illness. He remained physically weak afterward. Mr. Wu started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, and within a short week, his health was fully restored.

Mr. Wu benefited not just physically from practicing Falun Gong. He has since been easygoing, responsible for his family, and kind to neighbors and friends. He has been repeatedly persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. His detention, forced labor, and prison terms have added up to close to six years. His wife divorced him under the tremendous pressure of the persecution.

Past Persecution

Mr. Wu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in October 1999. He was detained for one month and extorted of 4,000 yuan.

Mr. Wu was arrested at his friend's home in January 2000, and detained for four months. When he was released from the Chenzhou No. 2 Detention Center, he was not able to think clearly, and his reactions were slow. He lost toenails after his toes were violently stepped on, and other marks of torture covered his body. Family and friends were shocked upon seeing these marks.

Mr. Wu was given one and a half years of forced labor in late 2000 and imprisoned at the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City.

Mr. Wu was arrested again in September 2002, and sentenced to four years in prison. He was incarcerated in Jinshi Prison, Hunan Province.

Mr. Wu became displaced after his release from prison. He left his hometown in 2009 and went to Guangzhou to make a living. He worked as a security guard in the Kangtian Commercial Building and worked diligently in fulfilling his duties.

Mr. Wu is good at sewing. In his spare time, he often did alterations for people free of charge and earned a reputation for his skills and kindness.