(Minghui.org) Mr. Zheng Huiwang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Wangpo Village, Bazhou City, Hebei Province was illegally sentenced to a ten-year prison term in 2008. He still has not been released.

Staff from the 610 Office in Beijing supervised the “transformation” of Falun Gong practitioners in 2016, among whom was Mr. Zheng.

Mr. Zheng told his family, “If anything happens to me, You must hold those who tortured me accountable. Never forget that these people are capable of any crime.”

Preparation of Torture Scheme

To assure my “transformation,” they created a plan consisting of physical and mental torture methods.

The plan had two parts. The first was to begin after my family visited on July 27, continue through August 20, 2016. I was then to be transferred to the Second Ward on August 27 and held there until October 8.

Earlier in May, Instructor Zhang asked me if I would give up Falun Gong in exchange for a shortened prison term. I refused.

They first closed the education section, to ensure that no one could call or get in touch with me. They also canceled the monitors' family visits.

Liu Guanghui, a vicious guard from Qianjin Prison, set up my “transformation” schedule. He was known for his cruelty and supposedly had “transformed” many practitioners.

The day after my family visit, I was asked twice to meet with someone from Beijing to discuss Falun Gong issues. I declined to see that person both times.

I was then was taken, on the order of Tian Silong from the education section, to an office, where I met Li Hongyou, a section head. I shouted “Falun Dafa is good,” and Li ordered his subordinates to stop me by stuffing something into my mouth.

They then dragged me to the lounge, where Li Hongyou; Du Diu, deputy head of the 610 Office; Liu Guanghui from Qianjin Prison; and a female officer were already present. I was then transferred to an empty cell with a wooden board on the floor.

Onset of the Torture

When I was half asleep around 10:30 p.m. a few people from the education section came for me. I shouted “Falun Dafa is good” as I struggled. Ma Baohui slapped me in the face and put a towel into my mouth.

I was taken to another office and beat until close to dawn, while Hu Shiqing verbally abused me.

I was taken to an enclosed area on the second floor of the education section the next morning, where I was monitored by three groups of people.

I was forced to sit on a thick dictionary, which was placed on a wooden board in the hot sun. This was extremely uncomfortable, and my buttocks turned black and blue from sitting for a long time.

They also handcuffed and shackled me, and tied the handcuffs and shackles together. I had to sit in an awkward position, bending forward at the waist. Meanwhile I had to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong.

Changing Tactics

“You’re in big trouble,” I was told one afternoon. “They have found a lot of Falun Gong materials hidden in your stuff. Even your instructor Tian will be punished, and those who were monitoring you have all been locked up.”

I overheard one of them say, “I heard his wife has been arrested too because she often comes to cause trouble. She is most likely the one who brought these materials.”

Liu arrived and claimed that they had found over 800 pages of Falun Gong materials. He threatened me with eight additional years of prison.

He also said that my wife and son were the primary suspects, and if they found any similar materials in my home, my wife and son would be punished too. He continued threatening me and ended by saying that if I agreed to “transform,” he would handle the situation leniently.

Their tactic was so obvious. This made me even more determined to remain firm in my faith.


Next they deprived me of sleep. Whenever I closed my eyes, they hit me.

They interrogated me after three days and demanded that I reveal the source of my Falun Gong materials. I refused to say anything.

Purgative medicine was mixed into my food, and I was not allowed to use the toilet. They printed Master’s name on a sheet of paper and demanded that I sit on it.

On the fourth night of sleep deprivation, another person from Beijing arrived.

I was no longer clear-headed at that point. Liu threatened that they would use electric batons to shock me. By the fifth day, my mind began to wander, and I felt I could collapse at any moment. I could no longer bear the misery and agreed to write the statements denouncing Falun Gong.

Afterward, I was so deeply overcome with regret and shame that I even thought of taking my own life. But I knew that I must not commit suicide, because it goes against the Falun Gong principles, and the perpetrators would use it as an excuse to tarnish Falun Gong's reputation.


I was returned to the Second Ward and told to speak against Falun Gong. In addition, I had to write negatively about how I practiced Falun Gong.

Later, Zhao Lihua, director of the 610 Office in Langfang, and someone from the 610 Office in Bazhou came to assess my situation. They both said that my “transformation” was not deep enough.

They continued to deprive me of sleep to prevent me from becoming clearheaded.

Liu Guanghui stayed for another six days before returning to Beijing, just to make sure that I was indeed “transformed.”

I had to read a book titled Dream of Paradise, by a middle-aged woman, a former practitioner. She lives in Shijiazhuang and claims to be a writer. I also had to watch videos that denigrated Falun Gong.

They kept continual tight control over me and assigned two people from the education section and three inmates to watch me around the clock until October 8.