(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Dong Daoshun and Ms. Xi Ying were illegally arrested in February 2016. They are awaiting to be tried by the Jianhua District Court.

Mr. Dong, Ms. Xi and another practitioner were on their way to a detention center when they were stopped by officers from the Qiqihar City Domestic Security Division on February 2, 2016. Mr. Dong and the other practitioner were arrested, while Ms. Xi escaped.

Mr. Dong: Home Ransacked and Mistreated

Officer Yu Haitao and officers from the Jianhua District Police Branch went to Mr. Dong's home and ransacked it on the day of his arrest. They confiscated 500 yuan, Falun Gong books, and a computer.

Mr. Dong's car, cell phone and a bank card were confiscated at the time of his arrest, and he was taken to the Wenhualu Police Station for “interrogation”.

Two officers punched, kicked, and pinched him, as well as slapped his face with the sole of a shoe, resulting in bruises. He was transferred to a detention center.

When Mr. Dong's attorney visited him several days later, he could still see the bruises on his client's face.

Upon learning of his arrest, Mr. Dong's wife went to the Qiqihar City Domestic Security Division and the local police station several times but was not given his whereabouts. She eventually learned from a friend that her husband was arrested by the domestic security division.

Ms. Xi's Arrest and Detention

Plainclothes officers from the Wenhualu Police Station were ordered to arrest Ms. Xi on the evening of February 5, 2016. They ransacked her home and confiscated a computer and other personal items.

Ms. Xi was taken to the Wenhualu Police Station where her face was slapped more than a dozen times during interrogation. She was also deprived of sleep.

She was transferred to the Qiqihar City First Detention Center the next day. Officials at the detention initially refused to accept her because of high blood pressure.

Director Hao from the police station asserted, “No problem. I will be responsible if something happens to her.”

Ms. Xi: Past Persecution

She was first arrested by officers from the Donghu Police Station in 2000 and held for 15 days in the Qiqihar City Second Detention Center. (This detention center no longer exists.) The guard slapped her face many times and pulled her by her hair for doing the Falun Gong exercises.

Ms. Xi was arrested again in 2002 by officers from the Beijuzhai Police Station. The police cuffed her hands behind her back and hung her up in an effort to find the location of a materials production site, but she refused to cooperate. She was transferred to the Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp, Qiqihar City, and held for two years.