( Minghui.org) Over a dozen police took part in the illegal arrest of Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wan Yunlong from Shuangcheng on the afternoon of May 6, 2016. They ransacked his rented unit and took away his personal belongings, including an engraving machine, computer, a portrait of Falun Gong’s Founder, all of his Falun Gong books, and some cash. He was seen to have been taken away, with his head covered with a black hood.

To date, his family has not received notification of his arrest, and his whereabouts are unknown.

According to sources, Li Shuzhi from the Shuangcheng Police Department and Xie Dianchen of the local 610 Office instructed police to undertake mass arrests of Falun Gong practitioners who have filed criminal complaints against former dictator Jiang Zemin.

A number of practitioners were arrested and their homes were ransacked that day.

This is the fourth time Mr. Wan has been arrested for practicing Falun Gong since 1999.

First Arrest - Yimianpo Forced Labor Camp

Mr. Wan was illegally arrested by police on July 22, 1999. After he was detained at a local detention center for six months, he was sent to Yimianpo Forced Labor Camp for two years.

He was tortured in many ways for not giving up Falun Gong. One afternoon in April 2000, while he was forced to carry heavy loads, some criminal inmates filled two large baskets with heavy stones and threw them onto Mr. Wan’s back from a platform. Mr. Wan cried out in pain when his back was injured from the assault.

At night after work, he was forced to mop floors and stand motionless for hours, while inmates assigned to monitor him would beat him.

In the scorching summer, guards refused him water and forced him to carry the heaviest loads. If he slowed down in the slightest, they would punch and kick him.

He returned home in May 2001.

Second Arrest - Changchun Forced Labor Camp

Mr., Wan was illegally arrested again for possessing Falun Gong teachings while taking a train to Baicheng in October 2001. The police also took away the 5,000 yuan that he had on him.

He was first detained in Changchun Forced Labor Camp for six months, where he was brutally tortured. He was hung up in the air, force-fed with highly concentrated salt water, tied to an iron chair for extended periods, punched and kicked, and deprived of restroom facilities until he became incontinent.

He was forced to carry very heavy bags of soil. The labor was so intense that he vomited blood.

Later Mr. Wan was sentenced to three years of forced labor and transferred to Chaouyanggou Forced Labor Camp for further persecution.

Mr. Wan’s health had badly deteriorated by 2003. He had difficulty breathing, and his heart rate rose to 140 beats per minute. He also showed symptoms of pleural effusion and cardiac failure.

In order to avoid responsibility for his death, the forced labor camp called his family to take him home. He later recovered by reading Falun Gong books and doing the exercises.

2011 Arrest - Suihua Forced Labor Camp

On November 13, 2011, Mr. Wan was arrested again when he visited another practitioner. The police who arrested him robbed him of 2,300 yuan in cash.

He was taken to No. 1 Detention Center, where he was badly beaten for refusing to give his name.

He was given two years of forced labor and transferred to Suihua Forced Labor Camp. When his family visited him, they saw bruises around his eyes and he could not walk properly.

They learned later that he had suffered electric shocks, was hung up in the air, and brutally beaten.

Mr. Wan’s health deteriorated from abuse in the labor camp. He could not breathe properly and showed symptoms of acute edema of the lung.

He was released on April 25, 2013, thanks to his family’s continuous efforts to get him out.

Wife Dies, Daughter Threatened

The Shuangcheng Police Department launched another round of attacks on Falun Gong practitioners in 2006. To avoid police harassment, Mr. Wan sold his house and was forced make a living by doing odd jobs out of town.

On September 28, 2006, the police unlawfully arrested his wife, Ms. Wang Liqun, and their school-age daughter when they were visiting a friend in Harbin. They were taken to Shuangcheng Detention Center for interrogation.

A policewoman threatened Ms. Wang that their daughter’s studies and her whole life would be ruined if she was detained.

Her daughter was taken away alone by police for interrogation in a windowless room. She was tied to an iron chair in an iron cage, situated in a dark, candle-lit room.

They tried to force her to sign a document that stated a female practitioner was pushed off a building by another practitioner. If she didn’t sign, they threatened to charge her with criminal offenses.

The interrogation went on for over four hours. As the interrogation dragged on, Ms. Wang became extremely worried and anxious for her daughter.

Ms. Wang breathed a sigh of relief when she saw her daughter being escorted back. Almost immediately, however, she collapsed and could not talk. When her condition was reported to the guards, the guards said that the doctor was out and they had to wait for him to come back.

An hour passed before the doctor returned. Twenty minutes later, Ms. Wang was taken to the hospital. The young girl wanted to go with her mom, but she was pushed away by policewoman Jin Wanzhi. Ms. Wang died later that day.

The police interrogated the daughter the next day, forcing her to put her fingerprint on a prepared document, which stated that the police took prompt action to deal with the emergency and that the doctor arrived on time. When the young girl disagreed with what was written, the police grabbed her hand and forcibly put her fingerprint on the report.

At this time, Mr. Wan’s family is very worried about him, not knowing where he was taken. They have consulted a number of lawyers, and each one said that practicing Falun Gong is a personal belief and that right is protected by China’s Constitution.