(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Huang Min has been held in the Shandong Province Jail for the past 12 years. During this time, officials at the jail have made it difficult for his family to see him, sometimes denying them any visits. Mr. Huang's wife has not been allowed to see him at all because she practices Falun Gong.

Mr. Huang, 72, from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, was arrested and illegally sentenced to 20 years in prison for putting informational programs about the persecution of Falun Gong on public television.

The families of both Mr. Huang's son and daughter took the train for over 1,000 miles to visit him on July 14, 2015. The guard tried to prevent the visit by demanding that each couple produce their marriage certificate. Without the certificate, Mr. Huang's son-in-law and daughter-in-law were not allowed to visit him at that time.

The family members tried to reason and plead with the guard to let the in-laws see Mr. Huang, but to no avail.

The guard interfered with the family again by shortening their time together. They were only able to talk to Mr. Huang for 20 minutes.

Mr. Huang's daughter asked the guard, “It's only been 20 minutes--what's going on?” The guard said that visiting time for inmates in the 11th Division was only 20 minutes, even though the jail's regulation stipulates 30-minute visits.

The extra 10 minutes to talk to Mr. Huang was precious to his family. This was also the first time that Mr. Huang and his 11-year-old granddaughter had ever seen each other. The daughter and granddaughter both cried.

Tortured in Jail

To try to make Mr. Huang stop practicing Falun Gong, the guards have beaten him, locked him in small cells, isolated him, and monitored him 24/7. Mr. Huang has been on a hunger strike more than 40 times to protest the abuse.

Recently, around 75 practitioners were brought to the Shandong Province Jail.

The guards also force practitioners to do slave labor. Mr. Huang protested and said, “Falun Gong practitioners, let's not go!”

Other practitioners followed suit, upsetting the guards. The guards then tried to force Mr. Huang to admit fault, but he went on a hunger strike to protest. After more than 10 days on a hunger strike the guards had to stop trying to force Mr. Huang to do slave labor.