(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on August 23, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Brutal Force-feeding, Beatings and Death

Many Falun Gong practitioners suffered brutal torture during detention. Force-feeding and beatings occur daily when practitioners are in the hands of the authorities. Below are three separate accounts.

In two of these cases, practitioners speak of the horrors they endured in their complaints. One case was filed by the sister of a practitioner who passed away because of torture.

Wang Yaping (汪亚萍)

Profession: UnknownHometown: Chengde City, Hebei ProvinceDate filed: August, 2015

Key FactsMs. Wang Yaping's sister, Ms. Guo Qinglin filed the lawsuit against Jiang Zemin for causing her sister's death.

Ms. Wang was arrested in Beijing on January 1, 2001 for appealing for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was brutally beaten and forced-fed. One of her teeth was knocked out.

Later, she was arrested again in June 2, 2001 and given two years of forced labor. She was tortured in the Gaoyang Labor Camp. She was forced to perform unpaid heavy labor during the day, and brainwashed at night until 1:00 a.m. Sometimes, she was deprived of sleep.

After going on a hunger strike, she was brutally forced-fed. Then, she was transferred to a hospital for force-feeding and injected with unknown drugs. Her two front teeth were knocked out by the force-feeding.

She was shocked with an electric baton for several days. By the time she was released in October 2000, she had lost 90 pounds, and was down to 110 pounds.

Ms. Wang was given two years of forced labor after her arrest in June 2003. She was taken to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp.

Her lower body became paralyzed and she became incontinent by January 2004. She also lost sight in one eye. The labor camp authorities released her on medical parole.

She passed away on May 9, 2004 at the age of 47, leaving behind her two kids and husband.

Related Report(s)Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Yaping Tortured to Death

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Mr. Fan Qingjun (范庆军)

Profession: Small businessmanHometown: Shijiazhuang City, Hebei ProvinceDate filed: June 26, 2015

Key Facts

Mr. Fan Qingjun was arrested four times during the past 15 years, and held for more than seven-and-a-half years.

After he was arrested for the third time in May 2001, he was interrogated for more than 20 days by police. He was transferred to a brainwashing center, where he was held for about six months. He was tortured with methods such as beatings, being scorched by the sun, and sleep deprivation.

Mr. Fan's fourth arrest in September 2002 resulted in a seven-year sentence in Jindong Prison. His body was immersed in a salt pond for a whole day. He was forced to lie in the baking sun for an entire day, brutally beaten, deprived of sleep, confined in a solitary cell, and barbarically force-fed.

Related Report(s)Seven Years of Injustice -- Mr. Fan Qingjun Severely Persecuted in Jidong PrisonMr. Fan Qingjun Severely Tortured in Jidong PrisonMr. Fan Qingjun Files Lawsuit Against Jidong Prison Guard He Xiaoqiang

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Jin Fengxue (金丰学)

Profession: FarmerHometown: Shulan City, Jilin ProvinceDate filed: Not specified

Key Facts

Mr. Jin Fengxue was put under house arrest twice, in February 2000 and December 2000, for a total for 22 days. He was arrested in January 2001 and detained for more than three months.

During the harvest season of 2002, the police arrested him and his wife because they refused to insult the founder of Falun Gong. He escaped after 26 days and his wife was released in January 2003.

Mr. Jin and his wife were arrested again on March 10, 2003. He was given 15 months of forced labor and taken to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp. He was tortured with methods such as severe beatings, exposure to extreme cold, being dragged up and down stairs and brutally force-fed. He was not released at the end of his term.

His wife was detained for two months. She left their home after she was released to avoid further persecution.

Mr. Jin was spotted by police when he visited his mother in February 2010. He and his wife had moved to a new place. The policeman chased him to the top floor of a building. He jumped off from the sixth floor and was critically injured.

His family lacked the wherewithal for hospital treatment. However, he continued to practice Falun Gong and he recovered from his injuries without treatment at the age of 65.

Current CircumstancesMr. Jin is able to work in the fields.

Details of complaint in Chinese language


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.