(Minghui.org) I fell into despair in 2011 due to the many illnesses that tormented me. Everything got worse when I had a car accident in August 2011. Unable to bear my situation, I tried to commit suicide.

Everything changed when I found Falun Gong in 2012.

Crying to Heaven for Help

From a young age, I had a chronic middle ear infection, migraines, and many years of rheumatoid arthritis. My palms looked like chicken feet.

While playing basketball in high school, a grain of sand became lodged in my left eye. It was not removed in time, and I lost sight in that eye.

My chronic ear infection worsened from flying frequently for work. Eventually, my eardrum developed a tear. By the time I had saved up enough money to get my eardrum repaired, the hole was too large to fix.

I could not bare to listen to ear-piercing sounds or screams. If the volume on the TV was high, my head felt as if it were exploding. I almost went crazy.

I coughed up phlegm every morning and suffered from pharyngitis.

In 2003, my knees and elbows became swollen due to my arthritis. I could not walk properly. The joints in my right hand and my wrists became gnarled, making it hard for me to use my hands. I sought treatment from the best doctors in Shanghai, but no one could cure it.

Everything worsened in August 2011 when I was involved in an accident. I was knocked down by three motorbikes. My elbow, hip, and pubic bone were fractured. My rib cage was dislodged.

I was paralyzed for almost a year. In excruciating pain, I decided to commit suicide, but was unsuccessful.

As I lay in bed one day, I turned towards the window, gazed at the sun, and wailed, “I have heard there are Gods, Buddhas, and divine beings in this world. If so, please save my family. Nothing in this world can save me. Thank you!”

The Turning Point

Two weeks later, my friend brought a friend who practices Falun Gong to my house. We had a short conversation, and in a short time I understood what Falun Gong and the persecution were all about. I decided to quit the Chinese Communist Party.

That practitioner left me a copy of Zhuan Falun Volume II and told me to remember, “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.”

I followed the practitioner's advice to read the book and recite the phrase every day. I began to recover.

“Other practitioners are copying and memorizing the Fa,” the practitioner said.

I followed suit and borrowed books from the practitioner. I had to kneel to copy the Fa, because I could not sit.

I asked Master Li, the founder of Falun Gong, to help me when I could not hold a pen in my right hand. I copied the Fa every day, even though my middle finger hurt.

I finished copying two books, Zhuan Falun and Falun Gong, in four months. I felt completely different, both physically and mentally.

I wanted to use the toilet without help one day. I found that I could slide off the bed all by myself. My kneecap really hurt when my feet finally touched the floor. I felt weak and was afraid of falling. However, I was very excited that I could finally get out of bed.

I stood up every day and increased the time I could stand. I followed Master's recorded lectures and lifted up my left arm with my right arm. Although it was very painful, I continue to study the Fa and do the exercises.

With persistence, I could finally stand up straight and walk comfortably. I have never had to visit a hospital again. I am thankful to Master Li for saving me and my family and giving me a purpose in life.

Since then, I have been telling people about my miraculous recovery and letting them know that the communist government is wrong to persecute Falun Gong, a practice that transformed my life and many others. I hope more people can benefit from this practice like me.