(Minghui.org) Two women from Daqing City were handed lengthy sentences on April 28, 2015, because of their belief in Falun Gong. They appealed to the Daqing Intermediate Court on May 8.

Ms. Cheng, Ms. Li, and five other Falun Gong practitioners were arrested on October 30, 2014. They were held in the Daqing Detention Center before being illegally sentenced to prison, Ms. Cheng to seven and a half years and Ms. Li to seven years.

Ms. Cheng Jinzhi Repeatedly Persecuted

Ms. Cheng, in her 50s, is a retired accountant from the Daqing Commercial Bank. She had weak leg muscles and paralysis, as well as many other ailments before she began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Her aliments disappeared and she became healthy and happy.

She has been repeatedly arrested for her belief.

The first time was in Beijing in January 2000, when she went to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was forced to pay the police 4235 yuan before being released.

She was arrested again on January 17, 2001. Her home was ransacked, and her Falun Gong books and materials were confiscated. She was detained for 45 days, then placed under house arrest during the Communist Party National Congress.

Torture instrument: Iron chair

Ms. Cheng was taken to the Daqing Detention Center on September 23, 2005, and tortured in an iron chair for four days and nights and interrogated. Her eyes were wiped with mustard oil. She went into shock and was taken for emergency treatment.

She was detained for ten months, and her family had tens of thousands of yuan extorted from them. Despite her condition, she was incarcerated in the Harbin Women's Prison for three years. She was unable to walk when she was released, but quickly recovered by practicing Falun Gong.

She was arrested on October 30, 2014, and released on bail on November 22 due to ill health. Longgang Police Department officers fabricated charges against her and arrested her again on December 4.

Her husband is so worried about her that he can't eat and is now skin and bones.

Ms. Li Junying Persecuted

Ms. Li, in her 50s and now retired, worked for the engineering technology team of the Daqing Oil Field.

Party secretary Wang Gangjun tried to force her to renounce her belief in 2010, but she refused. Wang then threatened her husband, who, under pressure, beat her.

She was arrested by officers from the Daqing 610 Office and local police on May 23, 2012, and taken to a brainwashing center. Her car was confiscated.

The Stability Office at work continued to harass and monitor her after she retired in the summer of 2013.

Ms. Li was arrested again on October 30, 2014, while she was awaiting the birth of her granddaughter. After she gave birth, Ms. Li's daughter became severely depressed because she missed her mother.