(Minghui.org) A bank employee from Anqing City, Anhui Province recently filed a lawsuit against former dictator Jiang Zemin for the many abuses he suffered as a result of Jiang's launching the brutal persecution of Falun Gong.

The plaintiff, Mr. Cao Xiongbin, charged Jiang Zemin with deprivation of citizens' freedom and their freedom of belief, intentional injury, torture, defamation, and abuse of power.

He sent his complaints to the Supreme People's Procuratorate.

Mr. Cao is a former employee of the Industrial and Commercial Bank, Anqing Branch. During the past 16 years, he had been sentenced to prison for three years and sentenced to forced labor three times to terms of one year, two years and one year, respectively. He was fired from his job and his wife divorced him due to pressure from the authorities. Mr. Cao was tortured to the verge of death several times while imprisoned.

Mr. Cao Recounts 16 Years of Suffering

I began practicing Falun Gong in February of 1997. Before that time I had been struggling with various health problems, but through the practice, I became a completely healthy person. I also became a kinder, more considerate person as a result of studying the teachings of Falun Gong.

I couldn't believe it when such a good practice was banned on July 20, 1999 by dictator Jiang Zemin. Two practitioners and I decided to go to Hefei City to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the provincial government two days later. We were arrested and released the next day.

I went to Beijing to appeal to the central government in December of 1999. I was arrested in Beijing and beaten by the police. Later, I was sent back to my hometown and held in a detention center for 72 days. During my absence, I was fired from my job on December 15.

I returned to Beijing to appeal again on March 8, 2000. I was arrested again and later sentenced to one year of forced labor. I served my term in Anhui Nanhu Labor Camp.

My wife had been placed under so much pressure from the authorities that she filed for divorce on July 20, 2001. The court approved the divorce despite my strong objections.

Five police officers broke into my home on December 3, 2001. They ransacked my home and punched me when I tried to stop them.

I went to Beijing for the third time to appeal for Falun Gong on December 5, 2001. I was arrested and brutally beaten in the Tiananmen Square Police Department. A detention center doctor also administered an unknown drug to me.

I was sent to the Mentougou Police Station in Beijing on the second night, where I was brutally beaten for three days around the clock. I was denied sleep and was not allowed to eat or drink. They poured cold water inside my clothes, burned my eyebrows, jabbed me with sharp objects and attempted to suffocate me with cigarette smoke.

I was transferred to the Mentougou Detention Center on December 9, 2001. I was severely beaten for refusing to follow the rules in protest of my illegal detention. Once, an inmate hit me in the head with a heavy object and blood gushed out. Another time, another inmate kicked me so hard in the lower back that I lost consciousness.

A few days later, I was sent back to my hometown and detained in the Anqing Detention Center. When I refused to participate in forced labor, several inmates forced me to the ground and beat me. Afterward, I had trouble breathing.

I was sentenced to two years of forced labor on January 20, 2002, and then sent to Anhui Nanhu Forced Labor Camp. After I held a hunger strike for two months, I was in critical condition and released on medical parole.

I was arrested again on March 14, 2003 for visiting a Falun Gong website, Minghui.org. Later I was sentenced to three years in prison and imprisoned in the Anhui Province Third Prison. I suffered relentless torture in the prison and came close to death several times.

I began a hunger strike shortly after I arrived. After eight days, I was carried to the prison clinic and force-fed. The inmates tied me to an operation bed and beat me. Then they inserted a feeding tube through my nose. Blood dripped from my nose, all over the tube. The force-feeding was so painful that I had no strength to resist. I felt like I was dying afterwards. They did it to me again the next day.

One day in June 2004, I had a fever due to my chest injury from the torture. When I requested exemption from labor to lead guard Liu Changchun, he refused. I protested and walked to my cell instead of going to the workshop. Enraged, he choked me and then punched me repeatedly. Blood gushed from my nose. Then I was subjected to solitary confinement for about a month.

Later, I was transferred to the Second Division, where the persecution was worse. I went on hunger strike to protest. On the third day of my hunger strike, I was sent to the prison clinic for forced-feeding. The inmates tied me to an operation bed. They used a metal tool to pry open my mouth, causing severe pain and injury to my gums. They poured a liquid substance down my throat and some got into my lungs, causing me to cough uncontrollably. Afterwards, I was put in solitary confinement.

I was not given enough food while in solitary confinement and barely survived at times. The cell was extremely cold in the winter and hot in the summer. During the three years in prison, I was confined there four times, the longest period lasting more than 50 days.

The prison officials also had my father visit me and try to persuade me to renounce my belief in Falun Gong. Since it did not work, they brutally tortured me each time after my father left.

By the time I was released, my hair had turned white and my mind was not clear. I now recall that while I was there, I had my blood drawn, as did all of the other Falun Gong practitioners detained there. I suspect that this was for organ harvesting purposes.

I was arrested again on June 21, 2008 for setting up satellite dishes that receive TV programming that is uncensored by the communist regime. I was sentenced to one year of forced labor, but later released on parole.

I was sent to a brainwashing center in October of 2012 and tortured for more than 40 days.

I was harassed at the Tongcheng train station in July of 2014 while I was seeing my parents and my ex-wife off on their way to visit my son. The police held me for more than 40 minutes, and deleted an e-book of Zhuan Falun from my smart phone.

The local police harassed me several times in March and April this year. I have not been able to live a normal life since the persecution began. My elderly parents have also had to live in constant fear for my safety.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.