(Minghui.org) Editor's note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

This article reports on 18 death cases of police officers or government officials who persecuted Falun Gong practitioners in Dandong City, Liaoning Province. In addition to these, there are many more cases of persecutors who have become ill, were injured or were sentenced to prison because of corruption or internal political struggles.

Cancer Deaths

Jiang Zuoyong (姜作勇) was very active in the persecution of Falun Gong since becoming Mayor of Dandong City in 2000. Jiang died from pancreatic cancer in 2011, at 59 years of age.

Lu Zhusheng (卢祖生), head of Tucheng Village, actively persecuted Falun Gong practitioners since the persecution began in 1999. He died from brain cancer in 2004 when he was about 50 years old.

Zhu Wenjie (朱文杰) put many Falun Gong practitioners in detention when he was police chief of the Dandong City Police Department from 1999 to 2003. He died from colon cancer in 2013 at 64 years of age.

Wang Yuanjun (王元军) was a police officer for the Donggang Police Department in 2001. He frequently arrested and tortured Falun Gong practitioners. He openly claimed that he would not regret doing so even if the authorities declared an end to the persecution. In 2013, Wang Yuanjun died from laryngeal cancer when he was in his 50's.

Wei Diandong (魏殿东), as president of the Dadong Court, sentenced four Falun Gong practitioners to prison in 2008 based on falsified evidence. When asked by the practitioners' families why he did not inform the families of their loved ones' trials and did not hold a public trial, Wei shouted, “Go ahead and sue me. You will not win wherever you go!” In March 2009, Wei Diandong died from colon cancer.

Deaths from Other Illnesses

Song Xiaohe (宋小河) caused the death and injury of many Falun Gong practitioners between 2000 and 2014, when he was head the Donggang City Police Department and the Political and Judicial Committee. In early 2013, Song suddenly became paralyzed. He died on January 4, 2015. He was in his 60's.

Han Quanlin (韩全林) and Guan Wenchao (关文超) arrested and sent many Falun Gong practitioners to labor camps when they were the director and deputy director of the Fengcheng Police Department, respectively. Han Quanlin died from hemorrhagic fever in 2008, at age 52. Guan Wenchao died from a stroke in 2010 at the age of 55.

Zeng Xianggui (曾祥贵) was the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) secretary of Xueli Village. In 2003, he reported three Falun Gong practitioners to the police, which resulted in prison sentences for all three. In 2006, he led the police to arrest eight practitioners in the village. The practitioners were subjected to forced labor re-education. Zeng announced, “I am not afraid of retribution!” In 2007, 46-year-old Zeng Xianggui died suddenly at home, of unknown causes.

Jiang Ligui (蒋立贵) was the security director of Lishu Village. He monitored and reported on Falun Gong practitioners to the police, and also destroyed Falun Gong banners and flyers. On January 13, 2009, 58-year-old Jiang Ligui developed a fever. He lost consciousness when receiving injections in the village clinic and died several hours afterwards.

Deaths as a Result of Accidents

As CCP Secretary of Dandong City, in 2000 Cai Zhefu (蔡哲夫) persecuted nearly 1,000 Falun Gong practitioners. Cai died from an accident in 2014, although the authorities refused to disclose the actual cause of his death.

Zhang Wei (张伟) was the security director of Tucheng Village. Working with Lu Zhusheng (卢祖生), head of Tucheng Village (see above), he constantly harassed and tried to force practitioner Wang Xuezhong to give up his belief, eventually leading to Mr. Wang's death. Two years after Wang Xuezhong died as a result of persecution, 40-year-old Zhang Wei drowned when he was bathing in a river.

Shi Guiping (石桂萍) was the director of the publicity department of Fengcheng City. She hosted two brainwashing sessions to “transform” Falun Gong practitioners. She also defamed Falun Gong on TV. In April 2001, Shi Guiping died in a car accident on her way to the brainwashing center. No further such sessions were held locally for a long time.

Police officer Chen Fucai (陈福才) actively arrested local Falun Gong practitioners. He was responsible for the arrest and the three-year prison term of practitioner Liu Meirong. In November 2003, when Chen Fucai was riding a motorcycle, he was hit by another motorcycle. He hit the ground, then was run over by a truck and died.

Police officer Sun Wenge (孙文革) arrested many Falun Gong practitioners. In August 2004, Sun's motorcycle hit a tractor, causing his death.

Police officer Wang Chunyu (王春玉) also arrested many Falun Gong practitioners. In August 2002, he hit a bicycle while riding his motorcycle, lost control and hit a tree. Sun died instantly. The cyclist was not seriously injured.

Jiao Guidong (焦贵栋), head of Wujia Village, repeatedly defamed Falun Dafa in public. In 2004, a Falun Gong practitioner in his village was arrested by the police. Jiao Guidong refused to protect his fellow villager, insisting instead that the practitioner should be taken to a labor camp. In 2005, Jiao Guidong died in a house fire.