(Minghui.org) In 1997, my doctor told me and my family that I had less than one year to live. Desperate, my husband and I both took up Falun Dafa. To our surprise, my terminal illness disappeared within weeks of our practice – my husband's less serious illnesses vanished as well.

I have been practicing Dafa ever since. It was not always smooth sailing, but I have persevered through the various tribulations thanks to the guidance of Master and the Fa principles.

Recovering from the Loss of My Son

My eldest son was back home on a break from his military post in May 1998. He had planned to marry by the end of the year. Unfortunately, he died while trying to rescue a drowning boy while vacationing at a beach.

The next day, leadership from his military unit came to our home and offered to provide support and compensation for our loss – someone reminded us that we could ask for a better house, for instance. But both my husband and I thought that as Dafa practitioners, we should not take advantage of other people, and so we asked for nothing.

The leaders saluted us and said, “You have great integrity and kind hearts.”

On our way home after our son's funeral, my husband and I were both in low spirits. But all of a sudden, we saw a golden, rotating Falun right in front of our car. We pressed our palms together and thanked Master for the encouragement. If it were not for Master's guidance, we would not have passed this test.

Arrested and Freed Three Times

After the persecution of Falun Dafa started in July 1999, my husband and I cried bitterly at home. Afterwards, we decided that Dafa is good and that we must continue our cultivation no matter what the government said. We read a minimum of three chapters of Zhuan Falun everyday, and later decided to go to Beijing to speak out for Dafa.

We were arrested in Tiananmen Square before we had a chance to display a banner and forced into a police vehicle along with other practitioners. On the way to a local police station, we kept talking to the officers about how our illnesses got cured after practicing Falun Dafa, and that Falun Dafa is good.

The police officers did not quite believe us in the beginning. But the more they listened, the more they were convinced that we were speaking the truth. In the end they let us go without any punishment.

After getting back home from Beijing, we organized a Fa study group at our home and held group sessions every day to read books, do exercises, and share our experiences. Large quantities of Dafa materials were brought to our home, which we then distributed to fellow practitioners to hand out at surrounding villages.

Our local police force arrested over forty practitioners in 2003. When the police officers came to my home and asked if I practiced Falun Dafa, I told them, “Yes. I will continue to practice as long as I live, because Dafa gave me a second life.”

Before the police officer said anything, my son-in-law said, “What is wrong with practicing Dafa and being a good person? When our restaurant received a fake one hundred dollar bill, she burned the counterfeit bill and took a loss. Would you be able to do that?”

The police officers left without another word.

One day in 2004, I was arrested from home and taken to a brainwashing center, where slanderous slogans and banners were posted all over the walls. The police forced me to read them out loud. I closed my eyes without saying a word and said to Master in my heart, “I should not stay here. I must go home.”

At the routine medical examination, I was diagnosed with hypertension. The police released me for fear of taking the blame for my death. Upon getting home, I resumed my Fa study and Dafa material distribution just like before, without any symptoms of hypertension.

We moved to the city where our younger son lived in 2005. He rented a house for us, where we started a Fa study group. One day as we talked to people on a bus about Falun Dafa, we were reported to the police and arrested. With fellow practitioners' righteous thoughts and help from our son, however, we were soon released again.

Alone But Not Lonely After My Husband's Death

My husband passed away on July 30, 2014.

After he passed, I gathered my children and said, “Your dad passed away at his predestined age of 82. He told me a few days ago that he saw that our house was filled with brilliant rotating Falun. His passing is also a trial for all of us.”

My children were very understanding and supportive. One of them said, “Dad was sick for a week but did not have any symptoms other than fatigue. He did not stop studying the Fa or doing the exercises. He passed quietly without any pain. If it were not for his practice of Dafa, it is hard to image how bad it would be, given all the illnesses he used to suffer. We have witnessed the extraordinary nature of Dafa from both of you.”

I have continued to hold group Fa study sessions in the morning. After breakfast, I would go out to participate in various truth-clarification activities. In the afternoon and at night, I would do the exercises and study the Fa with fellow practitioners.

I feel that I have a packed schedule and rich life. Gradually, I let go of the attachment to my husband. I also told my children not to worry about me being alone.

I am not lonely because I have the Fa and many fellow practitioners with me. I also encourage myself to keep up the effort to advance diligently in my cultivation, not bring disgrace to the sacred title of “Fa-rectification period Dafa disciple,” and be worthy of Master's salvation.