(Minghui.org) Editors’ Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing, and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely “following orders,” the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has held many meetings in which participants discussed ways to eradicate Falun Gong. Not only did they not reach their goal, but those who participated often met with tragedies.

Bone Fractures from Fall

He Yulin, deputy chief of the Huaiyang County Police Department in Henan Province, received an order from the 610 Office to arrest local practitioners around July 20, 2002. Immediately after the police held a meeting regarding how to arrest practitioners, he fell down the stairs on his way out. He was diagnosed with multiple bone fractures in his feet.

Car Accident

Zhang Xijun, CCP secretary of Laixi City, Shandong Province, held a meeting on September 29, 2007, where he ordered all city officials to monitor local Falun Gong practitioner activities during the long vacation, beginning October 1. Guo, a CCP secretary at Laixi Hospital, planned to cancel the practitioners’ vacation in order to carry out the order. Guo had a car accident on October 1, and fractured his legs.

Partial Paralysis

Fu Lijun, secretary of the Hongkeli Town Political and Legal Affairs Commission in Heilongjiang Province, and Du, another official, attended a meeting at the Yilan County 610 Office, during which they discussed how to arrest practitioners. After the meeting, the car in which Fu, Du, and 610 Office chief Yang Xiaoqing were riding broke down and crashed while driving at high speed. Fu's ribs were fractured and his spinal disc extruded. Fu was paralyzed from the waist down and became incontinent.

Severe Injuries After Drunk Driving

Zhan Guichao was a deputy warden at Zhenzhou Prison, and in charge of torturing Falun Gong practitioners. He had a meeting about Falun Gong in May 2012, and drove to Xinme while in a drunken stupor. His car hit a garbage truck and the steering wheel smashed into his abdomen. He is still alive, but some of his organs needed to be replaced, which almost led to his demise.

Family Members Not Immune

Kong Fanying was a deputy secretary at the Guan County Commission in Shandong Province. She prepared for the persecution before it started, and made a list of all practitioners in the county. She demanded that her subordinates actively participate in the persecution, and threatened them if they refused to do her bidding.

Kong's youngest son had a car accident where the car was crushed by a truck. Her oldest son was imprisoned because while driving without a license a farmer was killed. Kong fell down and broke her leg in 2000 after she held a meeting about persecuting Falun Gong.

Long Qingfu Died and Zhang Hospitalized for Months

Long Qingfu, chief of the Shiping County 610 Office in Yunnan Province, and his deputy chief, Zhang, often slandered Falun Gong and tried to force local practitioners to renounce their belief.

The two attended a meeting at the Honghezhou 610 Office on June 22, 2003, where they discussed how to more effectively persecute Falun Gong. One their way home they were involved in a car accident. Long died and Zhang’s ribs were broken, causing him to be hospitalized for months.

Dies While Asleep

Li Yabin, chief of the Kongjiaya Street Office in Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, called a meeting on Friday, December 25, 2009. After the meeting he had dinner with several of the meeting participants and slept in his office. He was found dead in the office on Monday, December 28, 2009.

Li died at the age of 49. Since the onset of the persecution he had been involved in the detention and brainwashing of practitioners, as well as in taking them to forced labor camps for torture.

Village Official Drops Dead

Jiang Ligui, a chief official in Jielishu Village, Liaoning Province, often reported Falun Gong practitioners to the police, and destroyed Falun Gong materials. Jiang worked with the local judicial department to monitor and harass practitioners.

Jiang developed a high fever after holding a meeting with other village officials on January 13, 2008. He fell into a coma and died on his way to a hospital. He was 58 years old.

(To be continued)