(Minghui.org) Liu Ye (柳晔), former vice president of a local court in Shenyang, died from massive cerebral hemorrhaging on July 10, 2014. Liu apparently suffered a stroke as he was walking with his colleagues. This marked the third known unnatural death of a Shenyang Shenbei New District Court judge who had convicted innocent Falun Gong practitioners.

Zhang Wen (张文), former member of the judicial committee and vice president of the same court, was the first case. Soon after he sentenced four practitioners to prison in December 2008, he was afflicted with severe problems with his brain in February 2009. He died on the way to Beijing to seek treatment.

E Anfu (鄂安福), the second known case, died at the age of 45 on February 18, 2011, two months after suffering a stroke and cerebral hemorrhaging. In 2001, E Anfu directed secret illegal trials of five local Falun Gong practitioners, all resulting in lengthy sentences.

While on his deathbed, he asked his family members, “Quick, go find me a Falun Gong practitioner!” When he got the opportunity to talk to a practitioner, he expressed regret for his wrongful actions and acknowledged that his dire condition was the result of karmic retribution, reaping the consequences of his earlier decisions.

The concept of karmic retribution is deeply rooted in traditional Chinese culture. The teaching “On the doer of good, heaven sends down all blessings, and on the doer of evil, he sends down all calamities” has been passed on from 2000 years ago. Despite efforts by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to destroy such traditional thinking, many in China still acknowledge it and recent events are bringing it to the forefront of their minds.

Upon learning that two procurators in Dalian City, Liaoning province developed leukemia in September 2009 as retribution for convicting innocent Falun Gong practitioners, a local procurator revealed: “I know of more cases than these two. Not just leukemia. More had liver cancer. Not only from the procuratorate, but also from the court.

“It's chilling that the deaths went in sequence: one from the procuratorate, then one from the court. The pattern has been quite particular. The deceased were all involved in the persecution of Falun Gong.”

In order to alert perpetrators and help them change their lives for the better, Falun Gong practitioners have been trying to remind them of the karmic connection between their actions and future consequences.

While some listened and changed, others continued in their ways.

Yang Dongsheng (杨东升) was a judge at Lushan County Court in Henan province. In 2011, the court illegally sentenced at least nine Falun Gong practitioners, with Yang himself handling two of the longer sentences.

Local practitioners tried to tell him and other judges about the principle of karmic retribution and what had happened to the perpetrators.

The judges refused to listen: “We don't care about your beliefs or the law. We just need to follow the Communist party, and won't show pity to Falun Gong.”

He was involved in a car accident soon after the sentencing. On August 14, 2011, a court van with 10 judges and staff wrecked on Zhengyao Highway. Three judges, including Yang Dongsheng, died on the scene, and the other seven were injured.

Wang Jingye (汪竟业), a judge at Hecheng District, Huaihua, Hunan province, had sentenced at least 17 practitioners to jail, including Pan Jianjun (潘建军), who was tortured to death in Wangling Prison in January 2004. In April 2013, Wang sentenced practitioner Chen Kaiyu (陈开玉) to 11 years.

Local practitioners tried to talk to him, but he said: “I will fight alongside the communist party until the day I die.” Three months later, he went fishing in Huaihua on July 21, 2013. He fell into the water and drowned. He was in his 40's.

Falun Gong practitioners have collected numerous karmic retribution cases over the years to try to awaken the perpetrators of the persecution. The Minghui website will soon publish a summary, and a few examples are provided here.

Chen Yuanchao (陈援朝) from Haikou, Hainan province, was the first judge in China who illegally sentenced Falun Gong practitioners to jail. Chen was rewarded and recognized by the communist party. Two years later in 2003, he died due to lung cancer at the age of 51.

Yuan Quansheng (原全生), a judge from Nangang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang province, sentenced two practitioners to 12 and 15 years when the persecution of Falun Gong first started. In June 2002, he was diagnosed with liver and bone cancer. Three months later, he died at age of 40.

Li Yaobing (李要兵), a judge at Hongshan District, Wuhan City, Hunan province, was involved in a trial of practitioners in April 2009. The local government promoted his actions and called it the “Hongshan model.” Two months later, Li died suddenly at the age of 49.