(Minghui.org) Huang Youjun, a 42-year-old Falun Gong practitioner, was illegally imprisoned for five years, from 2009 to 2014. The following is his account of what he endured.

Knocked Unconscious after Violent Assault

Torture Re-enactment: Violent Assault

On June 7, 2009, more than 10 officers from the Domestic Security Division led by Yue Hua and Jiang Renwu came to my rented home. They took me to a hotel in Yueyang City and began to torture and interrogate me.

Political head Duan Deliang suddenly threw a punch directly at my face. Blood flew out of my nose. Officer Zhao Wenhua tied my hands and feet with rope and suspended me from a window. They kicked me in the head hard repeatedly. I soon passed out. After I regained consciousness, I found myself lying on the floor. They then resumed interrogating me.

Force-Feeding in Yueyang Detention Center

After I was sent to the Yueyang Detention Center, the police put handcuffs on me for three days straight, even at night. The lack of blood circulation caused my hands to swell badly. The pain made it impossible for me to sleep. I launched a hunger strike to protest and demanded an immediate release. They tied me to a board and force-fed me.

After 13 days of being handcuffed, I could not even raise my hands.

On June 2, 2010, the Louqu Court in Yueyang sentenced me to five years of imprisonment.

Related article: Practitioners Xu Genyuan, Huang Youjun, and Xue Li from Yueyang Illegally Sentenced

Suffering in Wuling Prison

After a two-month incarceration in Jinshi Prison, I was transferred to Wuling Prison in Changde City. In order to “transform” me, the prison authorities put me in the “maximum disciplinary” cell for three months. During those three months, I was constantly starved. They put heavy handcuffs that weigh 30 to 35 kg on me. Guard Zhang Xinhua was in charge of torturing me, and used both physical violence and profanity. In these horrible conditions, I was emaciated and beyond recognition.

In April 2011, the prison again launched a violent campaign against practitioners. One day in July, they put me in a solitary confinement cell and kept me locked up for 40 days. During that time, they deprived me of sleep and forced me to stand for hours away from the wall so that I had nothing to lean on. I was forced to watch videos and read books that spread hatred toward Dafa. I was forced to write so-called “understandings”. When I refused, they punched and kicked me.

My legs became so swollen that I could not sit on the toilet. Once the guards tied my arms and legs, put a blindfold over my eyes, and hung me up on a rack. For several hours, I became their punching bag.

One day, two evildoers held my hands and head, and a third began to spray water onto my face for hours. Water entered my ears and caused infection. My hearing was permanently damaged and I still can't hear well.

Torture Demo: Hanging up

On March 20, 2012, guard Zhang Yi sent four criminal inmates to push me to the floor. Zhang Yi began to hit me with a baton. He targeted my buttocks, which were severely injured and covered with bruises. Afterwards, I had a hard time walking. He would get drunk and entertain himself by hitting me. Once when I blocked his punch with my hand, he accused me of attacking an officer. A criminal inmate claimed to be an eyewitness and testified against me. I ended up spending 15 days in a solitary confinement cell.

From 2009 to 2014, I spent five years of the prime of my life in prison, denied justice.