(Minghui.org) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Thirteen years ago, after doing something he shouldn't have done, Wang Lei, chief of Fuli Mine Police Station in Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province, suddenly had a stroke and died in a hospital several hours later.

Two months before his death, he put Ms. Liu Fengqin into a forced labor camp. Wang died at the age of 47, and people who witnessed what happened said that it was retribution for persecuting Falun Gong.

It happened in August 2001. When Ms. Liu was distributing truth-clarification pamphlets, someone reported her to the authorities and she was intercepted by police and people from the neighborhood office. Ms. Liu explained the facts about Falun Gong to the neighborhood office chief and told him that the Chinese Communist Party was unfairly slandering and persecuting the practice. She warned him that persecuting a righteous belief could result in consequences. Chief Wang shouted, “I don't believe it!”

When Wang Lei and the other officers arrested Ms. Liu, Wang kicked and hit her while shouting, “I waited several hours and missed my meal in order to catch you!” He forced Ms. Liu into the trunk of a car and snarled, “I will suffocate you.” Another officer said, “Don't suffocate her.” Wang Lei thought a moment and then pulled Ms. Liu out of the trunk.

Wang Lei and other officers had Ms. Liu sent to a forced labor camp for three years. She was tortured in the Jiamusi Labor Camp until she could not walk and was released on medical parole a year and a half early.

Wang Lei, who was responsible for Ms. Liu being in the camp, died two months later.