(Minghui.org) Mr. Jiang Quande from Nong'an County, Jilin Province, was released from prison on November 11, 2013, after having been illegally detained and tortured for 11 years.

As Mr. Jiang walked out of the prison, Ma Chai, head of the Nong'an 610 Office, ordered officers in three police cars to arrest him again. Mr. Jiang's family was able to intervene and stop the police.

Since the onset of the Chinese regime's persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Mr. Jiang has been detained multiple times, sentenced to 1.5 years of forced labor and imprisoned for 11 years for his steadfast belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, the main principles of Falun Gong.

Below is a summary of the suffering he has endured.

Repeatedly Arrested and Detained for Peaceful Faith

Mr. Jiang was first detained for 60 days and had police extort 1,410 yuan from him in September 1999. He was arrested again later the same year and held for 30 days. This time, the police extorted another 400 yuan.

Mr. Jiang was sentenced to 1.5 years of forced labor and sent to Chaoyanggou Forced labor Camp in February 2000. He was later transferred to Fenjin Forced Labor Camp and held there for 9 months.

During his detention, he was put in solitary confinement, deprived of sleep and forced to sit on a small stool for long periods of time. He was finally released in September 2001.

Innocent Man Sentenced to 11 Years and Tortured

Mr. Jiang was arrested again by officers from Changchun City and Songyuan City on November 8, 2002. He was subjected to gruesome torture while in police custody.

Officers from the No. 1 Division of the Changchun Police Department tied him to a tiger bench; put a plastic bag over his head, which nearly suffocated him; pierced his fingers and nipples with sharp bamboo sticks; and tied him tightly with a thin rope. 

Torture re-enactment: Tiger bench

Torture re-enactment: Forcibly s uffocated

Torture re-enactment: Poked with bamboo sticks

Mr. Jiang was later taken to the Songyuan Detention Center for 6 months. Afterward, he was transferred to the Da'an Detention Center for another 6 months. He was given just enough food to keep him alive and was not given warm clothes in the winter.

Mr. Jiang was sentenced to 11 years in prison and taken to Shiling Prison in Siping City on January 17, 2004.

In the prison, he went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. He was put in solitary confinement, beaten and lost several teeth. The guards tied him to a death bed and shocked him with multiple electric batons. To hide the torture, the director of the prison told the guards to take him to a secluded area before beating him.

Mr. Jiang and all other Falun Gong practitioners incarcerated in the prison were subjected to intensive brainwashing and forced to watch videos defaming Falun Gong.

Mr. Jiang refused to listen to the communist regime's propaganda and tore up the defamatory materials. As a result, he was brutally beaten and put in solitary confinement. He was also deprived of seeing his family, a right granted to all prisoners under the current Chinese law.

Torture re-enactment: Death bed

Mr. Jiang was transferred to Gongzhuling Prison in late 2005. There, he was again put in solitary confinement and tortured on a death bed. He was strapped to the torture device so he couldn't move and forbidden to use the toilet. The guards took off his clothes and shocked his stomach with electric batons.

After this brutal torture was exposed, the prison set up a “Rigorous Control Unit” in the new building, where guards hid the torture implements under the wooden floor and continued the torture in secret.

Earlier report:
Urgent Rescue Needed for Practitioner Jiang Quande from Changchun City (Photos)