Summary of Key Persecution Facts:

Name: Li Fangfang (李方芳)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Former Manager of McDonald's China
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 14, 2013
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shenyang City Detention Center (沈阳市看守所)
City: Shenyang
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, physical restraint, home ransacked, detention

Ms. Li Fangfang, a former manager of McDonald's China, was illegally arrested on November 14, 2013 when she and Ms. Zhu Lanying's family members went to the Hunhewan Police Station in Shenyang City to request the release of Ms. Zhu Lanying, a practitioner who had been arrested on the afternoon of October 14, 2013.

Ms. Zhu's daughter was pushed out of the police station. When Ms. Li tried to stop the police's use of violence, she was arrested and taken to the Shenyang Detention Center.

Ms. Li's and Ms. Zhu's family members displayed banners in front of the police station to protest their family members' illegal arrests and the police's violence, but they were also arrested.

Ms. Li's Family

Ms. Li began practicing Falun Gong in 2003 after witnessing the miraculous improvement in the health of her parents after they started the practice in 1996.

Ms. Li worked as a manager for the Northeastern branch of McDonald's China at the time. Even though she was really busy at work, she was always full of energy and very healthy as a result of her practice. Her celestial eye was opened and she experienced many miracles and splendors from other dimensions.

Arrested and Home Ransacked

Officers from the Shisiwei Road Police Station in Shenyang broke into Ms. Li's home and ransacked it on the afternoon of June 23, 2008. They confiscated a computer, printer, Falun Gong materials and 5,000 yuan in cash. They arrested Ms. Li and her mother, Ms. Yang Shuqing, and held them in the Shenyang Detention Center.

When Ms. Li protested against their illegal detention by shouting “Falun Dafa is good,” refused to wear the detention center uniform, or when she practiced the Falun Gong exercises, the guards ordered inmates to beat her. Once when she took off the uniform, two inmates kicked her in the back and broke a bone in her back. The bone was bulging out beneath the skin and she was unable to stand up straight for over two weeks.

Sentenced to Prison

Ms. Li and her mother were both sentenced to three years in prison on October 13, 2009, and were taken to Liaoning Province Women's Prison. Ms. Yang was 69 years old at the time.

Ms. Li protested against her imprisonment and was beaten and deprived of sleep. She was once deprived of sleep for three days and nights. Several inmates took turns monitoring her. When she fell asleep, they threw water over her or shouted at her to wake her up. Her hands and mouth were tied with tape.

Another time, Ms. Yang was left with her hands cuffed behind her back for several nights, and her hands and wrists were covered with bruises. During the cold winter months, she was put in a room with the windows left wide open. She was released in 2011 after three years in prison.

Related article:

The Police Arrests Ms. Li Fangfang for Trying to Have Practitioners Released from Detention