(Minghui.org) The attorney and family of a Beijing couple from the Pinggu District, Mr. Wang Zicheng and Ms. Zhang Aiping, have been demanding their release since they were arrested on October 29, 2013. Mr. Wang now has difficulty walking and is incontinent as a result of being tortured in the Beijing No. 1 Detention Center. Both were transferred there on December 3, 2013.

Without informing Mr. Wang's family, the police sent him to the Beijing Police Hospital. When his family learned about it and wanted to visit him, they were denied access.

When Mr. Wang's attorney met with him on December 24 at the detention center, he didn't see any real improvement in Mr. Wang's symptoms.

Mr. Wang told the attorney that he had been given injections every day, resulting in numbness of the hands. Despite Mr. Wang's terrible state, he was interrogated on December 5, 7, 10 and 20, but he didn't give in.

On December 16, the attorney also managed to visit Ms. Zhang. She had been interrogated twice without due process. She was also forced to take turns on two-hour night duty shifts.

Arduous Journey to Try to Claim Basic Rights

The family of Mr. Wang and Ms. Zhang has been to the local detention center and domestic security division to ask for their release. When they asked about Mr. Wang's incontinence, the guards at the detention center claimed that Mr. Wang pretended to have the problem.

The person responsible for arresting the couple was Zhang Daming, deputy head of the local domestic security division. Mr. Wang's family asked to see him. He refused to see the family and did not offer any concrete information over the phone.

Later, the family visited the office of the domestic security division and told Zhang Daming, “Falun Gong is legal in China.” He appeared to be afraid to confront the family in person. He even lied about how he was a traffic policeman now and that he didn't handle any Falun Gong issues.

When Mr. Wang's lawyer wanted to see him at the Beijing No. 1 Detention Center on December 17, he was told that he should have made an appointment a week before. He then had to make an appointment and finally saw Mr. Zhang on December 24.

The family also went to the local domestic security division on December 24 to see Zhang Daming. Zhang refused to see them. The family then went to the Pinggu District Appeals Office. A man who claimed to be the head of the office met with them.

As soon as he heard that they were a Falun Gong practitioner's family, he suddenly changed his attitude. The man threatened the family and demanded to know their names, phone numbers, and home address.

Mr. Wang and Ms. Zhang have been illegally arrested many times because of their belief in Falun Gong. Mr. Wang was imprisoned for eight years between 2003 to 2013 and couldn't walk for more than two years. Ms. Zhang was sentenced to four years in prison in 2003 because she was distributing Falun Gong truth clarification materials. She was detained at the Beijing Women's Prison and released in 2007.

The family has suffered many years during the persecution and is determined to sustain their efforts to rescue their loved ones.

Parties Involved in the Persecution:

Pinggu District Domestic Security Division in Beijing: +86-10-69962880 Beijing No. 1 Detention Center: +86-10-87395170, +86-10-87395209, +86-10-87395175 The Discipline Committee of Beijing Police Department Prison General Administration Department: +86-10-87395124